CFEW Forums
Changes to Main World - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Changes to Main World (/showthread.php?tid=5612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Changes to Main World - Johngt - 06-27-2017

I think that brings too much of an unbalance into play, because the higher ranks are the ones who have too much money to spend and already have builds from before.
If we make it so new people have to buy flight vouchers and they cant access /heal then we might be making the world severely unappealing. They can't really play it fully until they get to the older ranks. Meaning they'll play other worlds until they get a high enough rank, and at that point they might be too established there to begin in MW.
While people of higher those ranks won't notice much of a difference to those changes.
If we were to make changes like that I think they would have to be universal for all ranks.

That's just how I feel about it though, and what I think may happen.

RE: Changes to Main World - whitelily36 - 06-28-2017

The problem is the world is not appealing to people as it is. Before slimefun very few people were using it. Slimefun has bought back interest, but only for the plugin. I haven't noticed slimefun users getting into any building.

In my opinion tthere is nothing wrong with more perks as you rank up. In most games you get stronger, get access to better stuff etc as you rank up. The longer you play a game the more mundane certain routines can become, so removing some of those as you rank higher might be a welcome relief too.

Another option though could be to remove the ability to fly in certain areas eg dark forest and dungeons. I think I found a plugin that will remove fly and won't let a player use /fly in that region.

RE: Changes to Main World - Hamishac - 06-28-2017

Lily, I have to agree with john (first time I think I've said that!) in not letting higher ranks have /fly.

You've been telling me that higher ranks shouldn't have too many perks, as lower ranks will feel left out. I agree with john that no flying will keep newer players away from MW, and by the time they are ranked enough they won't want to go to MW, as they'll have established something in SW or CW.

I know this, as I started in SW and now MW has slight or none appeal to me.
Removing /fly in dungeons I am okay with, but otherwise, I'm not too sure about this.
-Thanks, Ham

RE: Changes to Main World - Lucian56 - 06-28-2017

I dont think that is the case ham when i first started playing on the server you couldnt fly in MW until you reached a higher rank. I dont see any difference from that to this proposal. We really need to bring some fun to MW or every one will not want to play in it. If it comes down to that then we would have to remove it to keep it from taking up resources that we could use else where cause why should we have a world that no one plays in.

RE: Changes to Main World - Johngt - 06-28-2017

MW has been advertised as a build world the past few years, so the goal here is to drop that and make it a slimefun world?

Just because we used to have it exclusive to older ranks does not mean that was a good idea to begin with.

RE: Changes to Main World - whitelily36 - 06-28-2017

No, the idea is to try and satisfy as broad a range of people as possible. We don't have the resources or the capacity for another survival world. As it is our 'Main World' I think we should try and offer a good variety here, and indeed that is what main world did for a long time. It always had a lot of fun plugins to use, and it was linked to several worlds, including desert world, planetoids, carpal tunnels, pvp world and adventure world.

Seems we have a couple of choices - everybody buys flight vouchers to buy (make them cheap eg $100 for half an hour - players can purchase half an hour, an hour, or two hours at a time), or just let everyone have /fly but find a way to make some parts of the map no fly zones so that we can add dungeons or mob areas and create some fun regions within the world.

Or maybe a slimefun world that has its inventory linked to MW and MW End and Nether?

I'm sure there are lots of options out there, lets see if we can come up with something that the majority are going to be happy with.

RE: Changes to Main World - Johngt - 06-28-2017

To be honest i think the special zones sounds like a more promising change.

Much better than just taking /fly and /heal away from new players, because that won't do much other than kill the world for new guests.

Be my guest, change MW the way you want, but I don't think these changes will do what you want them to.

RE: Changes to Main World - whitelily36 - 06-29-2017

I like the idea of special zones, and if we can get a plugin that removes /fly upon entry, and we have the command /fly blocked, I think it will add a little bit of adventure to the world. Builder's won't be affected as they don't need to go into those areas, but slimefun players can even choose to build in those zones and fully utilize slimefun items and armor. A few dungeons with loot will also add some fun.

RE: Changes to Main World - GumbleyAthan - 06-29-2017

Is it possible to make a zone that would add everybody to it automatically and then you could set a flag? Might save time with a plugin

RE: Changes to Main World - Firablitz - 06-29-2017