CFEW Forums
New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: News and Announcements (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Updates (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! (/showthread.php?tid=576)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - clownfish - 06-27-2012

Click to see Larger

Hey Everyone!,

Maccu, Fire897, and I have found a very cool Minecraft 'Survival Multi-Player' (SMP) Mod. It's called 'Hack Slash Mine'. It is a preview of the amazing possibilities to come to the whole minecraft multiplayer scene this coming November. The 'Hack Slash Mine' Mod Team, the 'Spout' plugin Team, and the official Minecraft team are all working on new ways for all players to easily play servers with custom or new Mobs, Battle Sytles, and Items.

Do the following instructions to connect to our CFEW ((TEST)) 'Hack Slash Mine' Mod.
  1. **NOTE** If you use the following 'Technic Launcher', playing this mod will not affect your original .minecraft folder.
  2. First get the free, very well made, easy 'Technic Launcher': ((CLICK HERE))
  3. Start up your 'Technic Launcher' (PC or Mac)
  4. (On Main Technic Launcher Window) Look top left for a 'drop down list arrow'
  5. Click this drop down list arrow and choose 'Hack Slash Mine' at the bottom
  6. **VERY IMPORTANT** Next click the 'Options' button (lower right)
  7. (In Options) choose 'Manual Build Selection'
  8. For 'Select Modpack Build' choose: 0.6.0 | 1.2.3
  9. (Back at main Tecnic Launcher Window) (Lower Right) Enter your Minecraft Username, Password, and check 'remeber'
  10. **IMPORTANT** Be patient the first start up is slow because it needs to update. Wait until you see the 'Welcome to Hack/Mine' window
  11. Smack the OkeeeDokee button
  12. Try 'Singleplayer' if you wish to see a quick game of this
  13. IF you want to try the CFEW Test 'Hack Slash Mine' v0.6.0 Server choose 'Multiplayer'
  14. **IMPORTANT** Enter this address when adding a server: join.cfew.us:25566
  15. Again the exact server address you use is: join.cfew.us:25566
  16. Once you login: Choose ((BOTH)) a 'Race' and 'Class' then 'done'
  17. Now Hack n Slash you way with friends through amazing dungones and battle towers!

Still adding more info... come back to this post today for the final post and lost more info...

More info (will organize better tonight)
Original 'Hack Slash Mine' Forum Post (lots of info and Videos to watch) ((CLICK HERE))
Main 'Hack Slash Mine' forum (see bottom - Lots of new ideas here) ((CLICK HERE))
Official 'Hack Slash Mine' Wiki (lots of info here) ((CLICK HERE))

Lastly please NOTE: The following
1) This mod uses Minecraft v1.2.3 (soon it will be updated to v1.3 with tons of new mobs and treasure)
2) The CFEW Hack Slash Mine server MAP-ONLY .. may be reset once in a while. You may build simple survival homes, but don't spend time making elborate castles or towns.
3) If a map is reset, the players will keep all of their stats and items in their inventory. Any chest on the ground will be lost. Hold in your hands what you want to keep.
4) This change later, but it gives the CFEW community a chance to have Fresh Dungeons and Battle Towers with lots of nice magical loot!

Enjoy.. come back to this thread post soon for more details

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - EducatedPizza - 06-27-2012

i will definitely be trying this later today, it sounds fun!

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - clownfish - 06-27-2012

@EducatedPizza - it really is. Maccu and I played for an hour yesterday and SuperOP Fire897 and I played last night for 2 hours I think. Enjoy!

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - charlie2134 - 06-27-2012

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - shppthwhtfx - 06-27-2012

sooo laggy xD and I had to go into edit my controls just to be able to move ...some glitch I think, I didn't change anything just went into it to unglitch. Anyway it looks fun :3 I'll be dropping in on it when I feel the need to smack mobs down, much more fun than AW.

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - charlie2134 - 06-27-2012

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - clownfish - 06-27-2012

@Shpp - Yes even on a LAN network it has some 'laggy' issues, but not constant. The newest version v1.3 will have 'lag' fixes soon. Fire897 and I played for quite a while yesterday and we didn't seem to have many problems. All in all yes it is quite fun and much has a lot more depth than AW. Shpp - O and this server is running on Maccu's computer. Not quite as powerful as the CFEW (6 core/16GB) computer. On Maccu's it may have some random lag times if maccu is using it. Let me know if the lag is constant or random or noticed in-game at certian times (entering a biome or dungeon etc).

@Charlie - Double check steps #7, #8, #9 in my instructions above. Make sure you are using version '0.6.0 | 1.2.3'. This is what me, Fire897, macc, and Shpp have all used and it worked great. If you need further help, just ask.

still doesnt work ill just wait til the server gets 1.3 ;P

@Charlie - It's on a separate computer at my home. My son Matthew may have accidentally turned it off. I'll double check on this in the next 2 hours. Did you find the options in the 'Technic Launcher' main window (bottom right) .. that I was mentioning?

@Everyone - Can anyone else confirm if it is working?

Thanks!

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - shppthwhtfx - 06-27-2012

I'm on it right now, maybe his computer had a hiccup