CFEW Forums
New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: News and Announcements (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Updates (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! (/showthread.php?tid=576)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - blueapplepiedude - 06-29-2012

Erm... I can't help test today, I stayed up late watching tv and I got grounded for today.

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - EducatedPizza - 06-29-2012

@ clown

I finally got the launcher to work and came on for a few minutes. I went to one of the cool towers and fought my way to the top only to learn that someone had already raided the chest >.<

I really like the game and think it could be a ton of fun with more people online (I was the only one on when i tried it).

A question. I like the idea of refreshing the map for new dungeons and such, but would there be a way to create a living zone where we could create houses/chests and just copy/paste that into the new map? still new to WE so I am just wondering if that is possible

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - clownfish - 06-29-2012

@EducatedPizza - Awesome! Congrats on the successful connection and tower raid! Yes about 11 hours ago we made the new map, and it was me, fire897, and JustinCaseKazoo for about 45mins on it. We didn't raid it too hard, but there are still lots of great things nearby. Wander 2 to 3 min any direction and find tons of untouched dungeons or towers. Notice the 'Biome difficulty level on top left corner of minimap' In this map it starting out 'Level 9' area. Be carefull, it's very unusual. I've only ever seen level 6 biomes after wandering for hours. We even found Level 12 mobs. They hit hard but drop amazing treasure and have really good chests around them.

Yea the 'Hack Slash Mine' mod/game is really cool. I'm glad you got a chance to try it. As soon as the official Minecraft v1.3 update comes out, the 'Hack Slash Mine' team is about to release a new version of the mod. It has tons of new evil mobs (with new models, animations, sounds). Also there will be lots of new spells and abilities earned as you level up. Basically new mobs, blocks, items, and more.

I also found myself searching for a way to keep a living zone that would 'copy/paste' itself into new maps. At this moment I'm not aware of an automated 'Auto-Rose Script' way of doing this, but I will try to find it. I think this would make the 'Hack Slash Mine' server really fun and always filled with good loot. By doing this the players would also have a 'home' and 'place to store loot'. It may be worth going to the official 'Hack Slash Mine' development forums (link at the bottom of my first post in this thread) and asking nicely for this feature to be added.

This would not be possible with WE, because the 'Hack Slash Mine' server doesn't have WE added to it yet. We could however use 'MCedit', stop the server for 10 mins, copy and paste a main village from old to new map. This is possible, but not something I could automate every 24 or 72 hours.

For now, I can automate a script to 'save all in-hand player inventory & stats' and create a brand new world with a copy of the 'Auto-Rose Script' from CFEW. For the time being I think this would be best to keep the loot fresh and available to anyone. At what interval do you think we should create new maps? Every 24 or 72 hours?

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - EducatedPizza - 06-29-2012

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - shppthwhtfx - 06-29-2012

I had 2 to 4 second lag at times but this is still a different experience that makes it worth it and fun. I'd go with 72 as well. Are you going to work out a restart system to cure lag?
I had a general question about hack/mine. Do mobs spawn in caves if they're lit up with torches?

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - Justin Case Kazoo - 06-29-2012

I think they do, because if you've noticed, they spawn in broad day light. And sometimes they've spawned in rooms full of torches, even without a spawner.

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - fireb4llz - 06-30-2012

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - clownfish - 07-03-2012

@fire - haha that is a rare and funny item. The makers of this mod sure have a sense of humor. ;p

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - Yksinainensusi1 - 07-04-2012

RE: New 'Hack Slash Mine' CFEW Test Server - Check it out! - clownfish - 07-04-2012

@fire -haha I had no idea hack / mine had such funny bizarre items in it.

@everyone - Do we need a fresh map by now? I haven't put an auto map change sequence in the Auto fishy script yet. About how many people have you seen on there? Is anyone making serious home or cheat stashed? If so, please warn them the map may change and tell them to keep the items they don't want to loose in their inventory.