CFEW Forums
PvP in AW - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: PvP in AW (/showthread.php?tid=579)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

PvP in AW - shppthwhtfx - 06-27-2012

Aeon has said that he'll ask around to figure out thoughts on this, so I figured a forum post would help him with this. This poll is only meant to assist aeon in his decision by showing him the balance of pvp-ers/pve-ers, not make it for him.
Keep in mind the following is proposed for WHEN and ONLY WHEN we decide to reduce PvP in AW, I do not want to change AW against the majority. What I've seen, however is non-pvpers minding their own business and then a pvper ruining the AW experience for them. They leave AW mad and don't return sometimes.

Blue has asked (after a group online discussed it briefly) if AW could be turned into no PvP. I view AW as a place to experience damage and mobs and fight against the environment. I have wondered about having half the world zoned as no-pvp and the other as pvp, but then builds already established would be arbitrarily assigned to one or another not influenced by the owners. I have thought about turning off pvp entirely, but then the "you're allowed to loot/minor grief" thing would provide no defense for their owners.

So in the end we have to choose between pvp/raiding, pve/no raiding and leaving it up to trust that pvpers won't kill/raid those flagged as non-pvp.
We can't make a rank that doesn't allow pvp because they would still be able to grief and loot, making it so raiders could get in and out without worrying about dying to the owners (which was my first thought). I'm not sure how useful a rank would be that says "I'm not a pvper, don't kill me" and making a rule against killing/raiding non-pvpers while they're in AW. I think that's our second best option to outright banning pvp/raiding in AW.

Options presented:
AW be PvP/raiding as it has been
AW have no PvP/raiding at all
AW have PvP/raiding, but not against people flagged as peaceful
A new AW be created devided into two halfs; PvP and PvE (monsters in both)
A new AW be created with only PvE/mobs, current AW be PvP/raiding/mobs
A large no-PvP zone be made around spawn, outside of which being free for all
Towny plugin implemented in AW (see this post and below for details)
Towny plugin implemented for new survival world (pvp) and AW be turned PvE

RE: PvP in AW - blueapplepiedude - 06-27-2012

hey, is there a way we could have 2 ranks in AW, 1 is pvper and the other survivalist. Pvpers wont be able to destroy blocks or place them or kill survivalists.
Survivalists would be able to build and destroy stuff. We should make it against the rules to grief/raid places and make it the same as the overworld where u would get banned for griefing. You should start out as a survivalist so u dont get killed as a noob, then u have to ask an OP to change ur rank in AW.

~~EDIT~~ or maybe we can just turn the current aw world into pvp, and then use the old pvp world and reset pvp world and call it AW and then divide the world into 2 different parts, PVP or NON PVP

RE: PvP in AW - EducatedPizza - 06-27-2012

I personally think AW should stay the way it is. PVP/Raiding adds an aspect to the world that makes it seem more like an "adventure". If other users have a desire to isolate themselves away from possible raids/pvp, they can just move further away from spawn.

A second option (possible more favorable) would be to have a large zone around spawn designated as a no pvp/grief zone. Outside of this area could be called the "badlands" and this could be the area where anything goes. The area could be clearly marked with either a line or flags. I see two possible problems with this method though. First, is the build location mentioned by shpp above. The second is pvpers camping right near the line and jumping over to avoid death.

RE: PvP in AW - shppthwhtfx - 06-27-2012

@blue I agree with pizza about raiding providing something unique to AW and think we shouldn't make that against the rules. While I do like the idea of a mob world without PvP, I understand the appeal of PvP with mobs as well.
As for your second idea, are you saying generate a new map and call it adventure world with half devoted to no pvp/griefing/raiding and the other half devoted to full out PvP/PvE, monsters, pvp and all? I like that idea, but we'd still have to deal with pvp world's builds haha how far are the admins with that?

@pizza I agree that the second option has appeal and understand the flaw you described. PvP logging is still difficult for non-OPs to enforce when there are no OPs present watching the fight.

~Edits poll, point of it changed. Will keep record of available options in first post~

Maybe we should add a new world to the server and call it survival world. and the colors would be like: &1S &dW.
We should have SW because i want to make a "legitimate" survival and not get murdered by a bunch of people,
can we just make a survival world that has no pvp?
-blue

*smiles* an option I had thought of off your previous post, it's in the list. Keep thinking though, the more options to choose from the better chance we can come to the best solution.

Ok. is there a way we can find about.... say.... 5-10 options, then edit the first post, to add a poll?

I think helping aeon figure out if we NEED to have a non-pvp mob world is the first step. If he decides enough people desire it then we'll have a poll on which option to take =)

RE: PvP in AW - charlie2134 - 06-27-2012

I would like a non PvP aw

RE: PvP in AW - wolve15 - 06-27-2012

i agree i don't really want pvp in aw