CFEW Forums
PvP in AW - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: PvP in AW (/showthread.php?tid=579)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: PvP in AW - Justin Case Kazoo - 06-28-2012

@Shpp About people getting huge plots, I don't think that will be a problem. Aeon said it will cost money, and when I was talking to him, he was thinking about making it 100 bucks per square. I did some math, and with 10k, you'll only be able to buy a 30x30 space. With 20k, you can get a 140x140 space (Kinda big, not many non-ops have more than that, and plus I doubt that they would spend that much money on a towny space.) And 30k gets you a 170x170 space.
So a couple people might buy big spaces, like 100x100, but I don't think it will be a huge problem.

I have a question as well. When the zones are made, will they be from bedrock to sky, like normal zones?

RE: PvP in AW - blueapplepiedude - 06-29-2012

If a SINGLE block cost 100$, you might as well trash this entire idea. Like hardly anyone has enough to buy a 5x5 space. Cause in a 5x5 space, there is 25 blocks. And that cost 2,500 dollars. Everyone is gonna get broke from that.

RE: PvP in AW - Aeonex - 06-29-2012

That's the idea blue, people not only earn money by staying online, but you also get interest based on how much money you have. Granted the interest rate is small, but it grows rapidly when you get around the 10K region. I have 64K and absolutely nothing to do with it. Every 10 minutes, I get around $100.

Also, this idea is to prevent every noob from being able to buy plots. In the future, town owners will eventually buy land and allow people to pay them for "plots" inside their city. Sort of like retail. They will earn back their money or they can offer "rental". Hotels will actually have a usage.

And yes, it would stretch sky limit to bedrock, for obvious reasons. So troll griefers won't build large dirt platforms above towns just to annoy people.

It would greatly fix the currently broken Economy. Honestly, what's the point in having a ton of money? Just to brag about it?

RE: PvP in AW - blueapplepiedude - 06-29-2012

And.... Who is this money going to? Because it would just be fair if you used /Eco take

RE: PvP in AW - Aeonex - 06-29-2012

Back to the Server. No one gets the money, it makes sense that way. You're taking land from the server.

RE: PvP in AW - shppthwhtfx - 06-29-2012

@aeon/justin This would be an idea at fixing the economy, not fixing what this thread is addressing. With even little land to be safe and build in, PvE-ers (many of which aren't that rich) would benefit little. In fact, they'd probably suffer from rich people dominating every town.

I think we should go with the two separate world's idea. Adding towny in the pvp world should benefit them greatly. Can you make a non-pvp/war version of towny in the PvE world (maybe with a cheaper price per block)? I still think it's a good idea for zoning, but the difference between PvP needs, PvE needs and the economy needs of both is too great to balance. I know you're trying to keep PvE-ers that like mobs to stay in the PvP world because without them you lose a large chunk of victims, but we should think of how to make the server more fun, not what would be most fun for PvPers alone.

RE: PvP in AW - Aeonex - 06-30-2012

@Shpp What are you talking about? I was thinking PvE would be fun (possibly) with zones added to it to protect people from being stolen from. I also added the second towny option to PvP just incase people disagreed with "survival world" zoning... Honestly, I never said $100 per block, skylimit to bedrock. But I DID say $1 per block, which, if accounting for vertical, is grossly expensive. Without accounting for height, is inexpensive. Figuring out the cost can be worked on, but that's not the point. I don't get the problems addressed in this forum at all. Since when do we really consider who and where the towns are created? Since when does the problem of abuse affect spawns?

We make 1 town, the "spawn town" and have a limited "30 second or 1 minute" spawn protection after leaving said town spawn(square located inside the spawn town). The Town is owned by the server, the server town is operated by any admin/admin team. After leaving said spawn, one minute (or 30 seconds) of grace wears off and you're free to get killed. As for other towns, you can pay for PVP protection flags, and have the same 30s or 1m spawn wear off. This idea is absolutely and unconditionally free of PVP world or AW world differences. It's a separate idea made so if the majority of the server decides "AW = PvE and PVP world = PVP world" OR AW + PVP = Survival world. That this would be implemented, either way.

Secondly, PvE'rs and PVP'ers are a regardless factor. Anyone can join either world, making the "who is richest where" idea moot. Suddenly, I don't visit AW ever?

I'll admit, I didn't fully elaborate every detail of what my intentions were for any world or any circumstance. So I apologise if I sound mean or "obtuse".

[Edit]: I was thinking somewhere around $50 per vertblock ($0.2 per block, roughly), skylimit to bedrock, would be feasible. That would cost $5,000 per 10x10 square. Land ought not be ultra expensive, but not very cheap either, to prevent newbs from buying easily, and to limit zone sizes. 100x100 = $500K, so "rich people" couldn't even afford large zones. Remember, AW is 2000x2000, zoning the entire map, skylimit to bedrock would cost $204,000,000.

RE: PvP in AW - shppthwhtfx - 07-02-2012

I guess the town supply shed or most valuable build can be the zoned part for those poor town goers and the general rule of no massive griefing will protect the rest. Towny in a PvE world will simply give bigger zones to those that can afford them.

I'm sorry you misunderstood what I meant in the post, I was simply saying that I still want a PvE exclusive world with mobs. This plan will not satisfy the ...lets call it "demand" for lack of a less aggressive word... for a non-pvp mob world. I was just making sure you didn't think adding Towny to AW would satisfy PvE-ers being slaughtered for sport =P

I was only mentioning PvE-ers and PvPers as a reference for the two different tastes in gaming, I understand many like both and will visit both often interchangeably. As for the "richest" thing, I meant that mostly if AW stayed PvP. You can't deny that those who have the most money (and who have been playing the economy game) won't benefit the most from a system of zoning that runs based on money. I'm fine with that, we just have to take into account the fact that if those who want to avoid PvP can't afford the zones to make them safe from PvP, then this whole idea to help them is pointless in that regard (not in the regard for making pvp more interesting though, still helps that).

BTW, I got $100 per block figure from justin remembering what you said, he probably misunderstood =P

...anyway, if you don't wanna read all that, just do this: Stop being confused, we're all good. Know that I support the two world idea, I'm not sure if the general public does though. Know most of my previous posts were simply looking out for poor players that wish to have a world with mobs but no PvP, keep that mindset when reading my posts and they should make more sense (hopefully xD my rhetoric is still a little... tangenty)

RE: PvP in AW - Aeonex - 07-02-2012

Well, Shpp, my calculations that I posted grow exponentially based upon the size of the zone. This increase in exponential factor is based on the fact that sky limit to bedrock, it's 255 blocks. A normal, 10x10 house which has protection only costs $5100, and a zone only twice the size (20x20)is four times the cost, $20,400. If anything, this is catering towards the "middle class" user, not the poor or the wealthy ones. Yes, in some ways, the "wealthy" will benefit by being able to buy large zones immediately, but then they are poor after that, lol. For example, my PVP base is 80x80. I can't afford it at all, the zone is too large. But my PvE mansion is 20x20, so it works out. =P

In the end, it's looking like AW might turn into PvE and zones won't be necessary there. I might just turn PVP world into a raiding world, complete with a towny system and PVP classes. I want to cater to all types of users on the server, it's "everyone's Welcome" after all. Best I abandon my hopes and dreams then. QQ

RE: PvP in AW - Justin Case Kazoo - 07-02-2012

haha wow, my math was really off. Scratch that everyone, listen to the smart guys here (aka Aeon)