CFEW Forums
anthonyng ban appeal - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: anthonyng ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=588)

Pages: 1 2

anthonyng ban appeal - sonnymccann - 06-28-2012

hello

I know this player has been banned for quite a while now for using X-ray but he wishes to be unbanned. He has had problems setting up his own crew forums account so he sent me this:

hello, i got banned for using x ray mod. I have un-installed it and i understand why i got banned. I am asking to get un banned as i enjoyed playing on the sever. If you dont unban me then thats fair enough -AnthonyNg

,sonnymccann

RE: anthonyng ban appeal - blueapplepiedude - 06-28-2012

tell him to email clown @ clownfish@cfew.us

RE: anthonyng ban appeal - shppthwhtfx - 06-28-2012

Is he sure he checked the email address he registered with to verify his account?

I can't find his ban report in our records, an admin will have to pull up the info from chat/ban logs or something to confirm and decide upon this. Wouldn't want a mass griefer to be forgiven for xray and let back on =P

And don't email fishy about this.
@blue only respond in ban appeal section if you have insight about the ban to add please.

RE: anthonyng ban appeal - charlie2134 - 06-28-2012

can a op check this out properly and ill go find his ban report
http://forum.cfew.us/showthread.php?tid=394&highlight=anthonyng
^thats his report

RE: anthonyng ban appeal - shppthwhtfx - 06-28-2012

Apparently he was warned and still used it. Personally I say his ban should stay.
Thanks charlie for pointing out the report ...not sure how I missed it x.x

RE: anthonyng ban appeal - charlie2134 - 06-28-2012

RE: anthonyng ban appeal - Aeonex - 06-29-2012

Anythony also had a brother, Stephen_ng, both were banned for xray. They were also part of a community of xray users, mrplunkey, minij0ker and mrmikesimmy. I'm afraid if I were to unban him, he would allow those people to use his account and cause server problems again.

When I confronted both mikesimmy and minijoker, not only did they deny using it (when they clearly did). They also caused griefing problems and minij0ker even said to me, "Well, if you ban me, you just lost a valuable member to your community."

They are trolls who want to cause problems for other people.

Ban appeal denied.

RE: anthonyng ban appeal - charlie2134 - 06-29-2012

RE: anthonyng ban appeal - sonnymccann - 07-02-2012

Firstly

Anthony isn't associated with miniJoker.
He is associated with stephen_ng and
mrmikesimmy and mrplunky, yes they all had x-ray
but Anthony no longer uses x-ray and wishes
to be unbanned

RE: anthonyng ban appeal - 9bjames - 07-02-2012

They caused troubles on the server before with the whole group, how can we trust them not to do the same again? I agree with Ash about keeping them banned. If they want to appeal, I think we need the player to make an effort to make their own account, get past any problems with account making/ logging in, and post their own appeal, in full, with an apology. And no being a cheapskate on the word count, when I say an apology in full, I mean it.
This might sound like I am being a bit harsh, strict and patronising, but we need to know that if Anthony is unbanned, that he really won't reoffend... and the best way for this is to hear it in his own words, explaining what he's sorry for, why he is sorry, and why we should let him back, with confirmation that he will not break that rule again, or any other.

Edit - from what other OPs have said, the decision is pretty much mutual to keep him banned, but if Anthony is serious about coming back it is still possible to be considered... First steps towards that would be to follow my instructions in this post. After that, it is possible some of us may reconsider, but it will probably take a lot of patience on your part Anthony. We don't always close doors forever, if there is a chance that a player can return and be a positive member of the community, and the player is willing to take the right steps and obey the rules, then we will consider letting them back. It won't always be quick and easy, but if you want back in, you just gotta take what chances you're given. We need to be shown before we can trust again.

As for what Ash said about the appeal being denied, I think actually hearing from Anthony through his own account may change his chances. Not trying in the slightest to revoke the word of another OP, and Admin, but I would at least like to see Anthony put in the effort to contact about his ban himself before saying no firmly myself.