CFEW Forums
Event Team - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: News and Announcements (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Updates (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Event Team (/showthread.php?tid=6023)

Pages: 1 2

Event Team - Hamishac - 02-19-2018

Hello everyone, Ham here! I've been talking with Lily and I've suggested we make a new team, the Event Team (ET for short.) 
   This team would obviously be in charge of running events on CFEW, (perhaps christmas events, halloween, etc.) and also kind of replace/refurbish the Arena Team. Other things the ET would be in charge of would be minigame ideas, possibly special events like clan worlds, and more.
   We would love to hear your opinions, and as it is not official yet, we will not be having anyone join yet. If it does become a thing, the only requirements is that your are Citizen+ to join, probably a few others as well.

Thanks, please give your feedback,
-Ham

RE: Event Team - johan - 02-19-2018

if it does become i thing i would love to join

RE: Event Team - whitelily36 - 02-20-2018

RE: Event Team - trickytreecko - 02-20-2018

Eh i guess i'll join too

RE: Event Team - XxOblivion - 02-20-2018

Event team phone home

RE: Event Team - Budr - 02-21-2018

ill probs join (if it happens I wan lead et >;c)

RE: Event Team - Spiketrooper - 02-21-2018

Well then, replace my baby eh?

I agree with the principle of the Event Team, having a group dedicated to helping with running PvP tourneys, sandbox comps, and holiday events is a fine idea.

However. I do not believe it should replace the Arena Team/GW Team (2 names for the same thing). The AT has a very specific job in mind. We judge new arenas, we make minigames, we create new and exciting modifications to existing plugins to bring interest and enjoyment (think back to my Lucky Chests creation from the SG Plugin).

If anything, I say that the AT and the ET work in tandem. The Arena Team judges, creates, cleans, and adds to my beloved world. And the Event Team uses the maps, arenas, and everything else they bring to the world to run more productive, enjoyable, and entertaining events to the community.

I know I have little say on the matter, due to the fact that I am no longer staff. However I will always consider the AT a point of personal pride in my staff career. I brought up a team from me working alone in a mostly forgotten world, and brought it back to the spotlight. I would hate to see it go, when there are much more efficient alternatives.

If it meant keeping some semblance of the old team intact, I would personally reinstate myself as SOP, and take the lead role among the new team. The GW did very well under my previous leadership, and I feel it can do so again.

Once again, I would like to stress that the Event Team, NOT replace the Arena Team, but work together to benefit a wonderful world.

RE: Event Team - whitelily36 - 02-21-2018

That was only a suggestion, as the Arena Team is no longer active. I don't mind at all having both, and if we had enough staff, and who were also proactive, it would work well. However we have limited staff and limited resources.

RE: Event Team - XxOblivion - 02-21-2018

I haven't noticed any activity of the AT in the past, say, two years? Wouldn't exactly call it "replacing" something, when that something already seems to have been lost in the past.

RE: Event Team - IamEgg - 02-22-2018

yea im up for it, it seems cool because you could get really good builders (like obli) and people who know a lot of commands (like bud) and it would go really well together!