CFEW Forums
New Survival World Idea - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: New Survival World Idea (/showthread.php?tid=6066)

Pages: 1 2

New Survival World Idea - Spiketrooper - 03-19-2018

Since we have 1.13 coming up in a little while, I was thinking of ways to incorporate the new additions coming to MC (Ocean stuff specifically) without removing the current SW

So, barely anyone actually uses the old MW anymore (Apart from visits to old builds), and the space for the old MW could be used to much more effect in a new SW map, to go alongside the old one.

(And I don't mean the MW world before the current "new" world, i mean the original map)

With this addition, we could archive the old world for later use, and have a new and fresh SW to have all the new cool additions to the world (plus completely untouched world and all). Don't make it until 1.13 though, so it makes it with all the additions.

Also, id find some plugin that we can use to be able to sleep in the world, since the Phantom (Mob B as some call it) targets people who don't sleep for a certain amount of days.

This argument about making a new SW has come up a lot, and always been fought to keep it, since people have made lives there (in a figurative sense), and I agree with that. However I feel a new and fresh world alongside the current one (Like the MW worlds were/are) would benefit a lot of people and give fresh starts open land to build and design on.

I would also connect the inventories between the SW's, so people could move house if they wanted to, but not NEED to.

Thanks for reading guys, and feedback is greatly appreciated on the idea. I know some people have attachments to the old MW, but be honest, how often do we use it anymore apart from brief visits? We can always reload the archived map for a little while like we've done with the first clan world if people are feeling nostalgic.

RE: New Survival World Idea - whitelily36 - 03-20-2018

First we will see if expanding the world will update the new section with the new features. If it doesn't then yes, we will look into a new world. However we will retain the first ever Main World as it is part of our history.

RE: New Survival World Idea - MudsyKipsy - 03-21-2018

I think its better to have a new sw instead of expanding it once again. If MW got a new world then why not sw? Also, this world is so old that it doesnt have a naturally generated jungle..

RE: New Survival World Idea - MudsyKipsy - 03-22-2018

Sorry but you cant decide on our behalf. MW received 2 new worlds in Total while SW only hot expanded because people were against the idea of having a new sw. But now the majority is supporting the Idea of a new SW so why keep expanding it when majority wants a whole new world.

RE: New Survival World Idea - whitelily36 - 03-22-2018

Well firstly as we all know, i don't decide anything alone. We did decide to do a series of expansions rather than a new world as many people did not want a new world. The world is currently 6000 x 12000 so with the next expansion we would square this up... creating a new 6000 x 12000 area. I think this is better than creating a 2nd world and then trying to keep the original as well.. especially if they share the same inventory anyway. However if expanding doesn't generate the new ocean biome then yes, I think I too would support a new world. Whether we can keep the first one, I am not sure. Depends on storage space.

RE: New Survival World Idea - MudsyKipsy - 03-22-2018

I don't like to expand it once again because majority of the players will move to the expanded area if the ocean biome is in the expanded area, making the place more crowded and leaving the rest of the world empty. And imo it looks a bit ugly if 1 part is old (even before 1.8) and only a small part is new.

RE: New Survival World Idea - whitelily36 - 03-22-2018

Well there are advantages for expanding in that the new area will be bigger than a new world could be and players can connect bases up with railway if they wanted. It also retains the history of the world with the old section still being easily accessible.

Players also like to play in the same world as others. Another world will see the community split again (if we kept old SW).

Just a few things to consider. I think we have plenty of time to make a decision tho. Also if expanding won't work that won't be an option anyway.

RE: New Survival World Idea - Coin_Star3 - 03-22-2018

As a counter point, it would just be easier to delete mw and sw leaving cw as the only populated world

RE: New Survival World Idea - Hamishac - 03-22-2018

/ban coin
Oops
Also, I kind of agree with mud, to me it makes more sense to just make a new SW. I think that overall, it offers a much fresher world, with it all being updated (not having parts in 1.7, 1.9, 1.12, etc.) and as mud also said, won't have people flocking to one or two points on the map. Also, it could be a great fresh start for everyone, i.e. new towns, exploring, actually filled caves...
So yeah. Imo, I think a new SW is the way to go, as it also doesn't mean that SW is like layers (center is old, middle is slightly old, outer new)

RE: New Survival World Idea - whitelily36 - 03-23-2018

But with that model, do you still want to keep the old SW? With fresh start, do you want to completely start from scratch with no items? Because if you want both and want to share inventories an expansion might be better, if we still get the new ocean biome. Having a new spawn in the center of a 12000 x 6000 area will still give a fresh map feel and we could restrict /wild to that area too.