CFEW Forums
The Panda Highway Conundrum - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Panda Highway Conundrum (/showthread.php?tid=6132)

Pages: 1 2

The Panda Highway Conundrum - Kataclismic - 05-30-2018

Hello peeps and welcome new members. Allow me to tell you a story:

Once upon a time in the SW land of CFEW there were no warps (must have been horrible, right?) and an admin named Johngt began construction on a rail system through Spawntown called The Panda Highway. This system was never completed and Spawntown evolved around it with the convenience of a /warp registry taking precedence. Levers collected dust and redstone circuits were forgotten.

After the dust had time to settle into concrete, a player named Kataclismic arrived and took an interest in the old abandoned stations. Being a relatively new player he was interested in a working mass-transit rail system and began asking questions about the softly glowing, still unfinished redstone circuits. A flurry of activity ensued as Kataclismic studied the design and dove right in to test his ability at building the system. A few days went by and after some flaws in Kata's circuits were corrected by John, he was finally confident in his ability to replicate John's system and continued to build new circuits in the old stations. 

Then, out of the blue, Whitelily36 (a huge fan of the railroad concept from day one) turned up to marvel at the shiny new buttons in place of the old dusty levers.
"Can I try," she asked. Though nervous and shy, Kata jumped at the opportunity to test the system with an unpredictable subject. Within a few moments, he explained how to use the system and Lily was speeding down the rails in her minecart.

That's when it happened. While Lily was traveling to her pre-programmed destination somebody (probably Kata himself) pressed a button at a station and suddenly her cart was off in the wrong direction. In an instant, the current destination had been reprogrammed and she could do nothing about it except jump out of her minecart.

"How disappointing," thought Kataclismic, "all that work and it isn't even a practical system."

Today, Kata wanders the deserts and badlands of SW trying to come up with a fix for The Railroad That Never Was. He spies something in the sand. Could it be a gold nugget? Perhaps it's the answer, etched in stone? No, it looks like just another piece of his broken dream...

RE: The Panda Highway Conundrum - whitelily36 - 05-30-2018

RE: The Panda Highway Conundrum - johan - 05-30-2018

hey i helped too ;(

RE: The Panda Highway Conundrum - rolaids - 05-30-2018

RE: The Panda Highway Conundrum - Kataclismic - 05-30-2018

RE: The Panda Highway Conundrum - rolaids - 05-31-2018

RE: The Panda Highway Conundrum - johan - 05-31-2018

RE: The Panda Highway Conundrum - trickytreecko - 05-31-2018

oi, i halpd :c

RE: The Panda Highway Conundrum - Kataclismic - 06-01-2018

RE: The Panda Highway Conundrum - johan - 06-01-2018

i am no writer but ill try my best (im using the title you said though)