CFEW Forums
PvP in AW needs to change. - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: PvP in AW needs to change. (/showthread.php?tid=615)

Pages: 1 2

PvP in AW needs to change. - Vrayder - 07-03-2012

I know there is a poll thread on this topic, but I making this thread because I am very concerned about behavior in AW lately. I think pvp is a problem, certainly in AW.. and maybe on the server as a whole.

I have seen a ton of bad behavior, bad language, trolling, combat logging, griefing, whining, poor community behavior and general content not appropriate for our family type server of late, all of it centered around pvp and mostly in AW.

I feel like this environment is unpleasant to play in, it's a ton of work to sort out as an OP, and the parties involved are almost always still upset and take it out on the server either by breaking more rules, ignoring punishment, or just generally trolling pvp zones for hours spawn camping.

I won't mention names here, that is not my point for this thread. My point is this... get PvP out of AW immediately, and consider removing it server wide. it is causing drama, abuse, poor sportsmanship and general unpleasantness. If ppl in the server can't handle PvP maturely, then maybe out family server should not have it at all. Just a (strong) opinion. There are plenty of other servers for that type of behavior, we don't need it.

Please Aeon, and admin team... no PvP is an overwhelming vote in the poll thread. To coin a phrase from Jean-Luc... 'Make it so!'

Humbly...
Vray.

RE: PvP in AW needs to change. - blueapplepiedude - 07-03-2012

We should just get rid of pvp. I havent seen any good outta it yet.

RE: PvP in AW needs to change. - shppthwhtfx - 07-03-2012

Now now... as you can see from the poll, a fair number on the server like pvp as well. I'm all for the making of AW into PvE, but lets not do what they've done to us xD As long as there's separate worlds devoted to providing everything AW does for both PvE-ers and PvPers or people who enjoy both, then no one should have drama from the rules set in place.

RE: PvP in AW needs to change. - Vrayder - 07-03-2012

I respect you and your opinion duckie.. as long as it stays in PvP zone and no other, I can't really complain too much. Tho i'd find it easier to accept if I had seen any good at all come out of PvP.

RE: PvP in AW needs to change. - Eaglefighter - 07-03-2012

The problem is that people can earn or lose a lot in PvP, peopel will want to get a lot of stuff and do a lot to get it and they will be angry if they lose. It needs to eb regulated, best would be a referee, but it can be kind of hard to always get a referee. We apperently cant trust people to follow their own rules they made beforehand.

RE: PvP in AW needs to change. - EducatedPizza - 07-03-2012

if this is the case, we need to cover the AW spawn with signs that say "NO MADE UP RULES" or "THERE ARE NO RULES". no one should trust anyone when they say "oh yeah, ill give your stuff back if you die". It needs to be clearly posted that made up rules are not to be made

RE: PvP in AW needs to change. - Indrae - 07-03-2012

If you separate PvP and AW into different worlds again, there is a method to preventing people getting upset over lost items. Isolate the PvP inventory from every other world and create a kit that gives everyone the same armor and weapons. That way everyone is on an equal footing, and you minimize drama over people having their items stolen.

RE: PvP in AW needs to change. - shppthwhtfx - 07-03-2012

@vray that post was not defending my opinion, I defend others' opinions as well. Our server is here to provide fun, we have a good sized group of people that enjoy PvP, therefore we should have a PvP world. That is my logic to convince aeon we should have a PvE mob world as well and it is still true for having a PvP world with mobs.

@eagle/pizza yes, pvp world does need a sign that says "it's your own fault if you trust someone and they betray you, simply don't trust them ever again". It is my experience that a few people that like PvP turn out to enjoy stabbing people in the back ...many people are straightforward about how they're gonna kill everyone they can though, so we shouldn't punish them simply because jerks like to team-kill.

@pizza/jeff/aeon can any of you turn off PvP in AW or is that something aeon has to tinker with? I think we should switch it off now and mess with transferring stuff afterwards, let people play PvP in pvp world until the new PvP/mob world is up.

RE: PvP in AW needs to change. - EducatedPizza - 07-03-2012

i have not learned how to do that yet, otherwise I would. Perhaps jeff or aeon can. I'm waiting for the Fish-guru to get back from vacation before I begin my lessons

RE: PvP in AW needs to change. - Justin Case Kazoo - 07-03-2012

I really couldn't care less how this is all done, but I think to suit as many people's tastes as possible, we should go with having one pvp and pve world, each with towny. The end.