CFEW Forums
ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [Appeal Accepted] - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [Appeal Accepted] (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [banned] Need more details - Mayhem - 01-12-2012

Either way he seems to have done wrong. Though, I guess if he found the items and returned them, or managed to get forgiven by the owners of the tower[Theforgottengod and Minecraft], then he should be allowed to continue on the server.

RE: ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [banned] Need more details - shadster16 - 01-13-2012

(01-12-2012, 03:15 PM)fire897 Wrote: Seeing that grief I find that hard to believe you had no intention of destroying those chests, furnaces, and crafting tables. It isn't easy to ACCIDENTLY steal that much stuff from someone. It seems shad is either sucking up to get back on or has been hacked by someone else. Either way it isn't looking good.

Fire I think you are correct on me being hacked. As I would never do such a thing to anybody's buildings and you even know it. I think I was hacked.

RE: ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [banned] Need more details - 9bjames - 01-13-2012

If you feel that is the case Shad, do you share your password with other people/ let others play your account? Have you left your computer unattended with others present, who could have played without your knowledge?
I personally doubt that someone has hacked by obtaining your password via brute forcing etc, so if someone else has accessed your account, it's likely to be someone local to you.

If this is the case, you are still held responsible for the grief, since your account, and any actions carried out on it, is something you are responsible for.
To stop this in the future, if you are logging into minecraft on a computer which isn't solely yours (or doesn't have a private account solely for yourself), make sure not to save your minecraft password, change the password itself so others cannot log in without your knowledge, and don't leave yourself logged in, or in a position where you are vulnerable to other people abusing your account.

RE: ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [banned] Need more details - shadster16 - 01-13-2012

(01-13-2012, 03:14 AM)9bjames Wrote: If you feel that is the case Shad, do you share your password with other people/ let others play your account? Have you left your computer unattended with others present, who could have played without your knowledge?
I personally doubt that someone has hacked by obtaining your password via brute forcing etc, so if someone else has accessed your account, it's likely to be someone local to you.

If this is the case, you are still held responsible for the grief, since your account, and any actions carried out on it, is something you are responsible for.
To stop this in the future, if you are logging into minecraft on a computer which isn't solely yours (or doesn't have a private account solely for yourself), make sure not to save your minecraft password, change the password itself so others cannot log in without your knowledge, and don't leave yourself logged in, or in a position where you are vulnerable to other people abusing your account.

Yes, me and my friend share this account. My guess is that he griefed just to get back at me for something I did

RE: ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [banned] Need more details - litsas - 01-13-2012

Its up to you to contorl your account, you cant blame it on your friend and use that as an excuse, although, shad seems to be a nice person, if he promises to not let his friend on the account, i recon he could have another chance.

-Litsas

RE: ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [banned] Need more details - 9bjames - 01-13-2012

I agree with litsas, but the only problem with this is who really owns the account?
It's the same with sharing anything... I mean does either of you or your friend have more ownership over the account than the other?
In these situations it'd be best to each have an individual account...

RE: ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [banned] Need more details - nopi0 - 01-13-2012

I agree with lit he should be given a second chance

RE: ATTN: Pelle44 --> shadster16 [banned] Need more details - Mayhem - 01-13-2012

(01-13-2012, 04:31 AM)9bjames Wrote: I agree with litsas, but the only problem with this is who really owns the account?
It's the same with sharing anything... I mean does either of you or your friend have more ownership over the account than the other?
In these situations it'd be best to each have an individual account...

I own the account, but I can make sure that my friend stays off this account. Thanks Litsas

Okay, thats alright then.
Just make sure to change the password then so that he can't log into it, and yes, for this you do deserve a second chance. =P
I'm not Clown or anything, but this appeal should be considered accepted if it hasn't been already.
If anyone hasn't done so yet, it'd be as well to unban Shad now.

Edit - Oh, it might also be an idea for you to apologise to the people who were griefed Shad, on behalf of your friend.
If it does end up happening again, the ban might stick, at least for longer next time... but I'm gonna trust that his was a one off.
I can't come online right now to unban due to uni port blocks... but for whenever you get unbanned, welcome back, and hope everything goes okay. =)