CFEW Forums
Server Reviews! - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Server Reviews! (/showthread.php?tid=6431)

Server Reviews! - whitelily36 - 04-17-2019

Hi everyone,

As Summer approaches, and with people having more time on their hands, numbers do generally pick up.  So before that happens, lets reflect on what we currently have, and what/how we could improve things.

Slimefun Server

This server started out as our original server, which was a peaceful world.  Over time Clownfish added more worlds, which were great to visit and build in, but everybody built their home base in the peaceful world.  We had Adventure World which had mobs, but there were literally no commands, so very few people bothered with it, aside from an occasional adventure trip.  Then, when we opened SW with a few more commands, some portals to get us around, and a different inventory, most of us jumped ship.  While we had enjoyed the peaceful server, we wanted more of a challenge.

After that numbers were always low, and we began to question whether to keep it.  We decided to try and bring some life into it by implementing Slimefun, and when this first happened, some people moved over from SW, and we also gained new players who were in search of a slimefun server.  However slimefun in a peaceful world seemed quite pointless, and so we added dark zones, then eventually a dark world.  With stronger custom mobs, this world was built so that people could try out all the slimefun gear they just made!

As people got to the end of their SF interest, many jumped ship back to SW, and although we still get people joining for slimefun, they are generally met with an empty server.

However, if numbers did improve I think we have something solid and unique to offer, if we package it as a Slimefun Server.  Why?

*  You get to build your slimefun base without worrying about mobs, or losing your inventory, and you can fly too!
*  You can visit the dark world with your gear, you can even live there if you want it to be more challenging.
*  You get a slimefun kit
*  You can buy a book of knowledge if you don't wanna take the long way!

What are some things that need improving?

*  xp is so important to slimefun, so a way to make this less painful (better xp farms and maybe more variety)
*  ranks aren't really advertised, you gotta be in the know
*  more slimefun helpers (rank) around
*  the concept of the dark world is good I think.. but we need to further customise the mobs and the loot, to try and make it more interesting.  Maybe ditch elitemobs and start our own.

Survival Server

Since 2014 this has been our most popular server, although at the start of slimefun it did lose its popularity for a while.  It seems to be where a lot of guests still start, although it could be argued that that could be because most of us are playing in SW at the time. 

I think we have some great ranks in place to encourage towns, and I think its a nice traditional type server.  It is a little unique, in that we have pvp weekends (old concept tho not really utilised these days - I think most just take advantage of keepinventory on weekends xD), but really there is nothing that makes this server stand out.  However its a great server to chill on, and make your home on, as it does have a small community, so you can create a shop, and maintain long term things to do.

*  We need player shops, but we are working on that!
*  We need ranks for individuals, otherwise you force anybody wanting a rank in this world, to build a town!  And not everybody wants to do that.
*  Something for us to spend our money on?  Perhaps bring in some custom enchantments to buy?

Skyblock Server

Skyblock has developed and retained a small community over time and its a great server to have there for something else to work on.  I think we have a good system - we have a place to pvp, a mob arena, shops, perhaps player shops  too in the future.  It could be a great place to make a home in, and chip away at it over time.  We also have the chance to purchase bursts of fly, making it easier for people to build. 

*  Perhaps a small team who are dedicated to skyblock and run an occasional pvp event, or other event.
*  Open to suggestions, I've not played on other skyblock servers, so I don't know what they offer

Creative Server

I think we have a good setup, and as soon as FAWE updates and Plot Squared works 100%, I think we offer a great choice of plotsizes, some basic worldedit, purchased with tokens and earned through ranks.

I'd love to hear suggestions from our architects, as to what we could do to improve the long term appeal of this server.

Games Server

I don't want us to appeal to the minigames crowd so I think we should just offer a few 'games' to play.  Some quality pvp arenas, some paintball, an occasional game of soccer, along with lots of parkour and small hand made games should do us! We could include bedwars or skywars, but we need people willing to implement this.

Sorry for the long wall of text, but we really would appreciate any contributions and feedback you can give, to help cfew grow stronger and be enjoyed for many years to come.

RE: Server Reviews! - Alshfik - 04-20-2019

I have a possibility of a suggestion of a "Challenge" world where it is on another world of a server (MultiVerse) where inventories are not transferred and the world resets every month, and people attempt to complete a challenge in a world. The first few (three maybe?) people who complete it get a cash reward for the server. Challenges such as bake a cake in a certain biome or get a nether star. I can see problems with this such as having to reset worlds every month and using staff's time to decide winners, but it may also get the people to try and be active on a server with the cash reward.

ok.

RE: Server Reviews! - johan - 04-20-2019

spawn server best server

RE: Server Reviews! - hypotho - 04-21-2019

i agree with jogan

RE: Server Reviews! - CamManCraft - 04-26-2019

RE: Server Reviews! - Couts - 05-25-2019

I enjoy Survival mode a lot too. It just doesn't get old for me. All I want is more stuff to do within that mode.

RE: Server Reviews! - hypotho - 05-25-2019

Server is good, people is good(besides lily), and spawn server = best server

RE: Server Reviews! - whitelily36 - 05-25-2019

When you promote someone to adviser then read that post, grrrr

RE: Server Reviews! - Spiketrooper - 05-26-2019

You reap what you sow lilz xD