CFEW Forums
mcmmo for MW, SF server. - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: mcmmo for MW, SF server. (/showthread.php?tid=6448)

mcmmo for MW, SF server. - oah - 05-18-2019

I've been building on the server for a long time and i can't think of what to build next, for the past few days.
And I was thinking about how much fun grinding mcmmo was on other servers, I got pretty good with it!

TLDR: I been bored and want a challenge like mcmmo!

So, I wanted to suggest maybe we can get mcmmo over on MW/SF server,

I figure we don't have it because, someone thought it might be too OP.
So, I want to go through the lists to see if anyone thinks it's too OP.
MCMMO:
Mining:  whelp, mcmmo lets you mine a little faster with SuperBreaker mcmmo skill, but, I don't know anyone that got rich from mining, and who doesn't wanna be able to mine out a room a lil faster?
So, just a wee bit of a helpful superpower with no get rich quick effects.

WoodCutting:  we already have the sf axe that chops down the whole tree, so this isn't nearly as good as we have already.

Herbalism:  haha, i doubt anyone has a farm.

Excavation: yea, those people with digger jobs that can find a beach and wanna dig, they're gonna find glowstone and records, have fun with that.

Unarmed: yea, if you wanna fight someone pvp you can kick their butt i guess if you raise this skill hi, dunno.

Archery:  ok, so you're gooder with a bow than someone else? and it gives a chance you get some of yer arrows back.

Swords: you do more damage, same as above, whoopdie doo.

Axes: same

Repair: no brainer, use Mending instead!

Acrobatics:  SUPER great in SW server!  Pretty lame in MW/SF server since you can fly. probably never helpful.

Alchemy: If you meet anyone that likes to make potions, let me know!!

Salvage: decent to turn unwanted armor into what it was made outta.

Fishing: handy if you wanna eat fish for food!

Taming: if you want pets, this skill will help them use less food

Smelting: if you raise your smelting skill, you can get 2x from a smelt.
==========================================

So, I'm asking if maybe we can have mcmmo added to SF server? it'd be something to do if we get bored and it won't make someone superpowerfull even if they have %100 of all of it (unless maybe hand to hand unarmed in a pvp fight hahah!)

RE: mcmmo for MW, SF server. - whitelily36 - 05-18-2019

I don't mind the idea. I think people could get OP (especially rich) very quickly, but it is supposed to be our fun easy server, so why not!

RE: mcmmo for MW, SF server. - oah - 05-19-2019

I talked to Kata over on SB, and we chatted about if it makes you op and Kata said the only thing they really use is the 'treefeller' ability that lets you chop trees fast, but, in SF, we already have the axe that does it, so that wouldn't be OP at all.
I'll be happy to keep track if anyone starts getting too rich too fast, and report if someone can.

Now, just because you approve something, doesn't mean it'll happen soon cause, you're busier than someone that gets elected President on their first day.
Who has the ability to make this happen? I'll talk with them and see if we can have it implemented.

RE: mcmmo for MW, SF server. - buubi - 05-20-2019

I am definitely against it. Slimefun itself adds so much things, plus we got the jobs plugin.
Additionally, with mcmmo (please correct me if I got it wrong) you have to wait until you can activate a skill again, like superfast woodcutting, etc.
With Tinkertools (and maybe a different plugin soon, since TT is broken and just halfway working) you get also increasing efficiency with using it. It's just the tool which levels up, not you.

And if it's even compatible is the next thing which I do not know...
So let me make a statement to every feature you posted:

Mining: TT pickaxes with efficiency 7 and up are already fast enough to instabreak stone, and even produce "ghost blocks"

WoodCutting: like oah said, we already have the sf axe that chops down the whole tree, so this isn't nearly as good as we have already.

Herbalism: We got SF fruits, with a bunch of recipes to make fancy SF food.

Excavation: same as with the TT pickaxe. adding extra drops shouldn't be a problem if really needed.

Unarmed: MW got no harmful mobs, and if you go to a mob arena or DW, you usually take your sword or bow.. or whatever.

Archery: tinkerbow is already quite OP, so not really needed. Infinity gets added quite early, too

Swords: SF already got a bunch of nice swords, even some vampiric ones... which noone uses.

Axes: see above

Repair: Mending is obtainable, and if you got aluminium and slimeballs, make duct tape and repair your stuff at /warp sftutorial with the auto-anvil.

Acrobatics: like oah said, you can fly. probably never helpful. And you got slime boots if needed.

Alchemy: what does it do with potions? making them faster? Doubt that will be that helpful.

Salvage: You got so many materials in MW, so if you got an unwanted armor... remove enchantments and throw it away. Or sell it.

Fishing: Well, like above

Taming: We had a pets plugin, we will find a replacement, if needed.

Smelting: Get an SF advanced smelter. the best one is 20 times as fast and just uses 10 times the materials (double efficiency)

So I see no single point why we should need it on SF.

RE: mcmmo for MW, SF server. - whitelily36 - 05-20-2019

The competition? Being the best at a certain skill?

RE: mcmmo for MW, SF server. - oah - 05-20-2019

Correct, as Buubi pointed out, there is nothing OP about mcmmo that gives any advantage over SF.
It's simply something to do for the times you get bored of building.

RE: mcmmo for MW, SF server. - Charlie396 - 05-20-2019

Do we have the GBs free for mcMMO? I know it won't take up a GB etc, but MW is pretty loaded already.. lol

RE: mcmmo for MW, SF server. - buubi - 05-21-2019

yes indeed, plugins wise, MW is rather.. "busy"

If you want competition, we still got the jobs leaderboard, which is updated automatically.
There are some stats which are reset regulary, dunno if that involves /jobs aswell?

More important is the replacement of Tinkertools, since only existing tools are working, new ones can only be spawned in, and modifiers cannot be added either, all because the tinkertable is not working. The recipes cannot be viewed aswell, so a replacement should have an higher priority than a plugin which has next to no gains on MW...
And yes, I found a candidate, which I am testing these days (installing worked on 1.13.2 already)

RE: mcmmo for MW, SF server. - oah - 05-23-2019

If you need to see the recipe of a tinkertool, switch the sf guide from 'chest' layout to 'book' layout, it does display the recipes in there should you need to find something.