CFEW Forums
Halp plz - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Help Needed (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: In-game Help (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Halp plz (/showthread.php?tid=6598)

Pages: 1 2

Halp plz - shppthwhtfx - 08-02-2020

Salutations,
I was just popping in to reminisce and get a screen shot of one of my pixel art that I somehow missed before I left when I noticed my rank (which should be vet according to the spawn), /home and warps all appear to be gone or broken in some way.  Now I don't really care about the rank, but the idea of the entire old world and flat-world being deleted does make me somewhat sad despite my lack of using it.  Is this what happened during the apparent overhaul (which is looking snazzy by the way) of the server?  The warp shppart1 sends me to somewhere random in a world which I'm assuming is a reset main world and the warp shppart2 says I don't have access to go there, which would probably do something similar even if I could.  If that is the case, you might wanna go through your warp list and trim down the ones that no longer work.  If flat-world is saved on a cloud file somewhere, I would love to download it.

RE: Halp plz - Firablitz - 08-04-2020

Technically the world does exist (I just flew to your region) its the old old mw though the one with rosecastle.
So if you want to get there you can go to -316 64 -2164 <- shppart2 and the other one shppart1 -> -1473 117 -1444
Edit V
or another way I just found
 /warp rosecastle then your warp name.

RE: Halp plz - shppthwhtfx - 08-04-2020

ahh I see, I will try that later thank you.  Is the flat land world still up then?  The warps I know to get to it are deleted and I honestly can't remember the "main entrance" to the place.  Considering I was one of the few OPs that actually fought to keep the world up, I'm guessing the owners took it down soon after I became inactive =P or perhaps just stopped advertising its existence so people would use the fancy new worlds you guys have now.  It's just a little older than "Creative World" if that helps.

RE: Halp plz - blueapplepiedude - 08-04-2020

Hey shpp!! Long time no see, I pop in here from time to time to reminisce as well.

I'm pretty sure the admins have the old world files, so you could probably get them somehow. I see no reason in deleting them, they probably take a gigabyte or two at most. There's also a huge spreadsheet that contains of all of the coordinates to the old warps that got deleted, so that should help a ton if you get your hands on the world files.

Nice seeing you!

edit: Found the spreadsheet on my hard drive! I'm not able to send you a PM for some reason, maybe your mailbox is full.

RE: Halp plz - buubi - 08-09-2020

Hey there shp!
You are indeed set as guest. You probably weren't online since the move to luckperms - which I got no idea when this was - maybe at the same time as the bungee move?
I set you to veteran again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

regarding to the warps: basically what blue said. on the 1.13 move we had to switch the plugin which handles the warps - we had over 7000 warps. The new plugin couldn't handle that many for whatever reason.
over half of them was on the very first MW, the rest on the second and third MW and all other servers together (SW,CW,SB, and so on).
These warps were backed up into a spreadsheet, and most of them were deleted on the server.

every world which is still on the server is accessible by everyone, except the old MW worlds, which are accessible by everyone who is at least honored. (and who requests access)
We had to make that decision because someone (I won't go into detail because it still makes me upset) was making a mess there.
And since you were Guest, you had no access there. There should've been an error message though, but you should now be able to go everywhere.

Some worlds are not on the server anymore, like RS world, planetworld or city world (old plotworld I think?). Maybe others I do not know. Others need to be asked about these worlds.
As far as I remember someone told me the buildings of plotworld were moved to CW.

PS: I increased the PM limit for the group you are in, if it still won't work, can you tell me the error message you are getting?

RE: Halp plz - blueapplepiedude - 08-09-2020

Dang, I'd looooove a backup of the old worlds that have been removed. I completely forgot about a few of them. There's been a few SW worlds before the current one. I think the one we have now is like the 3rd (or maybe 4th?).

There's some neat stuff in that old Redstone World, I had access to it, but barely anyone else did. Probably like 20-30 people tops. It was mostly closed down during the time that I played, but it reopened at some point when I had been promoted to OP.

Planetoids was pretty cool as well. It was mainly just for resources, but a couple of people built bases there. I know I did lol. I still have the coords too.

I think I even had a base in world_the_end.

I'm looking through the warp list, it seems like the warps do not exist for worlds that got removed at some point.

I added some old screenshots for the nostalgia lol

first survival world (adventureworld) -- Jan 11, 2012
    planetoids -- Dec 28, 2012
    old spawn (world?) -- Jan 4, 2013
    King's XP Farm in the original End -- Jan 20, 2013
    Full Server -- Jan 25, 2013
    Redstone World -- April 26, 2013
    Orignal creative world (?) -- Feb 22, 2014

RE: Halp plz - buubi - 08-26-2020

redstoneworld and planetoids are not on the server anymore. Did not find them at any of the current servers and neither on the old one.

I doubt there is anything left on the nether or end worlds, since they reset regulary as long as I am on cfew
I asked Indrae already, he's looking if he got some old world backups.

Most warps were removed, they do not exist on the server itself anymore, just exported into an excel list.

And wow at the screenshots - Lily as op :O

RE: Halp plz - Spiketrooper - 08-27-2020

Oh god i just saw THE Poppy_Sunny in those screenies The nightmare has come back to haunt us.

Ik it's old screenies, I'm just reminded of how much a nightmare they were

RE: Halp plz - Justin Case Kazoo - 01-29-2022

Wow, Blue-- thanks for the screenshots. That fifth shot is really a who's who. I'd forgotten about that period when there was a player limit, and as I recall you would wait in line trying to join when it was maxed out. I have a lot of affection for the CFEW community I spent part of my childhood with.

Good to know about the warp list spreadsheet. I'll have to track that down.

RE: Halp plz - hypotho - 01-31-2022

(01-29-2022, 10:44 PM)Justin Case Kazoo Wrote: Good to know about the warp list spreadsheet.  I'll have to track that down.

If you'd like, I could pm you the spreadsheet. It's not currently publicly available.