CFEW Forums
POLL: Rank Colour changes? - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: POLL: Rank Colour changes? (/showthread.php?tid=710)

Pages: 1 2

POLL: Rank Colour changes? - Aeonex - 07-16-2012

Hello,

What do you all think about the new ranks? Promotions for ranks will be available one week from today, while the OPs work out requirements and such. In the mean time, what do you all think about the Colours? Do you like them? Do you want different ones? Tell me, let me know and I'll change colours based on popular vote!

-Aeonex

RE: POLL: Rank Colour changes? - blueapplepiedude - 07-16-2012

I don't like the colors and the new ranks

RE: POLL: Rank Colour changes? - shppthwhtfx - 07-16-2012

I feel like the new ranks need a few weeks before I make a decision on whether I like them or not. The Honored ranks should be able to pick which color honored is (for instance the most popular member ranks are dark aqua and pink), perhaps give a poll with each as an option... honored can choose, then we split the rest amoung member? There shouldn't be many architects, I can think of only two non-OPs I'd give it to off the top of my head, so dark red shouldn't be contested there.

Blue gave an interesting option in game... we give the member ranks all the colors of the rainbow. I think maybe give that minus dark red/honored color and keep the ones it already has too.

RE: POLL: Rank Colour changes? - clownfish - 07-16-2012

@Aeonex - Yes from what I have seen. The ranks look good to me.

RE: POLL: Rank Colour changes? - Chloe - 07-16-2012

(07-16-2012, 03:44 AM)Blueapplepiedude Wrote: I don't like the colors and the new ranks

Why? just saying you don't like the new ranks and colors doesn't exactly help us fix anything :/ I personally don't like them because you don't get to separate people as much... member is all there is and colors are just add ons... while it's easyier for ops to just rank once member makes B1 equal to B5... I'm not sure i think colored member ranks to signify the "membership status" would be nice... just maybe not even have it be builds that a membership status requires... maybe have it weeks of promotion which would result in promo boards... :/ then after they get high enough membership they get ranks off of how amazing their builds are.? someone anyone?

RE: POLL: Rank Colour changes? - Clojahken - 07-16-2012

I'm fine as long as Members have the color of B3. It does help prevent people from wanting to rank up and be above others though.... *Whispers B3Forever*

I think clo should have a special title: (red)builder3

RE: POLL: Rank Colour changes? - Chloe - 07-16-2012

I'm kinda confused, do the member ranks have color just for fun or do they mean anything yet?

abe (who says he is too lazy to make a fourms account) also says that he feels the new ranks are too easy and general, the lower ranked people seem to like them because it is super easy for them, also it has made it so we can't tell who knows the server better so people have no idea who to ask for help and trust more then others, would be nice to have at least one more rank for b1-b3.

RE: POLL: Rank Colour changes? - Indrae - 07-16-2012

I believe part of the motivation for the ranks being simplified was so that they wouldn't separate people as much. When you do that, you promote the mindset of "I'm a higher rank than you, so I'm better than you." As far as indicating who to trust, you really shouldn't rely on ranks for that. Overall, I would say that this new rank scheme is a better fit for our server's philosophy.