CFEW Forums
Taylorburnits ban [Appeal Accepted] - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Taylorburnits ban [Appeal Accepted] (/showthread.php?tid=76)

Pages: 1 2

Taylorburnits ban [Appeal Accepted] - Thomas - 01-15-2012

RE: Taylorburnits ban - shppthwhtfx - 01-15-2012

The pistons were moopoo's, sorry if you misunderstood that. Taylor griefed after (hopefully) reading the rules and there was no motion carried to unban him. The majority of those who posted on his appeal thread sounded against his favor. If there is a change of heart in the community to unban him then I say go for it, it was a first offense after all (the previous one was a drama battle started by the author of this thread and shouldn't count against him too heavily).

For reference, here is the ban thread's link. Here is the drama ban thread's link.

RE: Taylorburnits ban [appeal] - taylorburnit - 01-16-2012

RE: Taylorburnits ban [appeal] - shppthwhtfx - 01-16-2012

taylor, next time don't break anything that isn't yours, that's what the griefing rule means >.< If you're simply going to come back and take anything that isn't zoned, then I don't think we should unban you

RE: Taylorburnits ban [appeal] - boxmana - 01-16-2012

i agree with shpp

RE: Taylorburnits ban [appeal] - taylorburnit - 01-16-2012

im really sorry or if it happens agian i will risk of perminent ban. But for now clown said before i would be unbaned if i replie, tomstr123 told me
sorry about Gramah

RE: Taylorburnits ban [appeal] - boxmana - 01-16-2012

considering how u got on ur friends account (or so the you say) and bugged us to the point of mutingyou, i vote for the ban to stay

RE: Taylorburnits ban [appeal] - shadster16 - 01-16-2012

same here, box does have a point. I completely agree that the ban should stay for at least another month or two.

RE: Taylorburnits ban [appeal] - Thomas - 01-16-2012

Guys his been ban for a long time. Cut him some slack...

RE: Taylorburnits ban [appeal] - 9bjames - 01-16-2012

To be fair, if it was a misunderstanding then he should be unbanned.
I'm not saying what he did should be taken lightly, if he really wishes to be unbanned, he needs to understand not to break anything that looks like it was manmade.
@Taylor - that means no stealing from unprotected chests, if a building is unzoned, no matter what it looks like (griefy or not), you shouldn't touch it unless an OP, Clown, or the owner says it is alright. Afterall it is something that someone else placed, if they come back to it to find that it's gone, before they had a chance to get it zoned, how do you think they'd feel?

Like Tom said, it has been a long time, and otther players have been unbanned for worse things. I'm not using this to excuse his actions, and neither should you be doing really Tom since it should have been obvious to him that he'd had done wrong, but as Clown has said before, if a player is willing to abide by the rules and play again happily with others, we should forgive and forget.
If this is a first offense for this kind of action, I believe he should get one more chance. If he blows that, then he shouldn't expect another.

Edit - I also understand that Tom has been pestering for this for a while.
Tom, you should understand that your friend's actions were his own fault, if he slips up you shouldn't expect him to be unbanned.
Whether or not Clown agreed/ agrees to unbanning, bringing it up a lot will not really help his case. I just want you to understand this, because, as shown by box's response, even if you're right to bring it up, over-stressing the point can have a negative affect in someone's opinion of the ban being revoked. Afterall, we don't unban players just because a friend asks us to. These things take a while, and a lot of thought; I know you cannot help being impatient, but it's really better to wait than to aggrivate other players with it.

@Taylor - Right now, you still have a lot to apologise for.
If you wish to be unbanned, I would expect a promise that you definitely will not do something like this again. As moo said in the previous post, unzoned does not mean unowned. It should be clear that across most of the server, if something has been built which isn't yours, you have no right to take or destroy any of it. We can find out any griefs which take place, so don't think that we cannot find out what people have done. We really need to know this won't happen again, since if we unban, it could end up with something worse happening than before.