CFEW Forums
POLL: New Economy - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: POLL: New Economy (/showthread.php?tid=785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

POLL: New Economy - Aeonex - 08-09-2012

Hello CFEW!

I have good/bad news with the 1.3.1 update. Our plugin, IConomy is no longer being supported by the author. We will have to change the economy on another plugin in order to run the server with an Economy. So instead of remaking the Economy and THEN fixing the economy to be fluid. I say we kill two birds with one stone and change + fix the economy simultaneously. Here are 3 main ideas I am proposing for our server's Economy.

NOTE: In all 3 scenarios, your money would be converted to reflect the new changes, you will NOT lose money.

1: Economy with chest shops (or at least personal shops people can sell items with, without needing chests for their stores). This would be the same as the old Economy, with the possibility that ChestShop plugin won't work anymore (but unlikely). It would be convenient, but not fun/project orientated. It would be MUCH easier to run shops this way, on the plus side. Example: Instead of setting up a chest shop, you would type a command to sell an item.
/sell <item> <amount> (can set a maximum number of items to sell or no max limit>

2: Economy with personal shops & server run shop. Same as idea 1, but would have a server run shop which would set "standard prices" for people to base their shop prices on.

3: The "Gold Standard" Economy, your money would actually be gold nuggets, gold bars, and gold blocks. You use your gold to buy/sell items and you can mine for your money. This can be setup with either ChestShops or Personal shops. There would be little/no reason for a server run shop because $1 = 1 gold bar. (No interest or very low interest rate for money.) Zombie Pigmen drop gold nuggets, which would be why interest should be eliminated. Conversion to gold bars from dollars would be based on the real traditional value of gold on a regular server. Our server has an extremely low value on gold because we had many planetoids filled with gold ore a long time ago, and the demand plummeted to almost 0. Your inventory would not be filled with gold. You will have a bank account where gold is deposited when items or sold or you deposit manually, and when you buy, it would be subtracted from the bank account.

Any questions, comments or concerns?

-Aeonex

RE: POLL: New Economy - BlackChaos - 08-09-2012

I'd say option number 3 would be pretty fun, but we would need a special world where we can mine without the fear of low resources. Perhaps a special mine world with 10-15% more gold where fall damage is turned on? Making it more difficult to acquire "cash" but at the same time raising the value of it. And then this world is reset every week or fortnight, making it so that we can never "run out" of the potential to get more resources as long as we mine them.
Can we actually use nuggets, ingots AND blocks? If so, then that's pretty cool. Nuggets can be like a sub-currency of sorts.

RE: POLL: New Economy - Eaglefighter - 08-09-2012

RE: POLL: New Economy - BlackChaos - 08-09-2012

^ I think so.

And that treasury! Imagine a building full of gold ingots and blocks. xD

RE: POLL: New Economy - Eaglefighter - 08-09-2012

RE: POLL: New Economy - zeldageek - 08-09-2012

Quote:I'd say option number 3 would be pretty fun, but we would need a special world where we can mine without the fear of low resources. Perhaps a special mine world with 10-15% more gold where fall damage is turned on? Making it more difficult to acquire "cash" but at the same time raising the value of it. And then this world is reset every week or fortnight, making it so that we can never "run out" of the potential to get more resources as long as we mine them.

Yeah, I agree with Black. If we use gold bars as currency, everyone will be scrambling around the server map to get every last gold ore block there is. :P If we have a designated world to mine for gold, our economy wouldn't just be limited to how much gold there is on the main map.

Also, I like the idea of actual physical money. :3 That way you really feel like you're rich, since your wealth is represented by tons and tons of gold bars and blocks, rather than just a number. :P

RE: POLL: New Economy - fireb4llz - 08-09-2012

I really shouldnt have given away so much of my gold lol.

RE: POLL: New Economy - shppthwhtfx - 08-09-2012

@#1&2 when you do the command for selling, does the item disappear from your inventory and the information stored on the plugin's text doc to sit until someone buys it or do you automatically get the money for selling it and others can buy it later for that price?

@#3 I would like to point out that mining isn't the only way to gain gold now. We have the pigmen_arena. I don't know the drop rate there cause I don't frequent it often, but that might mess with your new economy ...or help it, I don't know =/
Does that mean everyone will get masses of gold if we switch to this?
Will we still get 4 ingots per 10 minutes?

RE: POLL: New Economy - fireb4llz - 08-09-2012

maybe we can disable the pigman spawners? I dont really see a use for them.

RE: POLL: New Economy - wakeboy100 - 08-09-2012

Im thinking more along the lines of one or two, although if the only way to sell things to another player is by typing a command, that could get prettyy annoying. having the shop signs is convenient because then the player doesn't have to ask to buy stuff.
Three would be cool for about a day, untill you have an inventory full of gold.

-Wake