CFEW Forums
POLL: New Economy - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: POLL: New Economy (/showthread.php?tid=785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: POLL: New Economy - TheAcidHammer - 08-16-2012

Aeon it feels like im getting money when im offline is this the case?

RE: POLL: New Economy - Justin Case Kazoo - 08-16-2012

Yeah, I'm thinking you get money even if you're offline, because I got a big jump in money from the time I left one day and came back the next, and my store was pretty much out of stock, so it couldn't have been that. So maybe if you're going to get money, we lower it drastically? Or at least change it so you only get money if you're online.

RE: POLL: New Economy - shppthwhtfx - 08-16-2012

@aeon
I, like you, am against selling zones in worlds we have traditionally allowed no griefing in. I'm open to all of your other options for AW/PvP world.
I still think we should remake the poll with more options before we decide how many people are for and against things ...I'll do it if you'd like, just not sure if I'm allowed to edit someone else's poll haha

RE: POLL: New Economy - Aeonex - 08-16-2012

(08-16-2012, 11:35 AM)Justin Case Kazoo Wrote: Yeah, I'm thinking you get money even if you're offline, because I got a big jump in money from the time I left one day and came back the next, and my store was pretty much out of stock, so it couldn't have been that. So maybe if you're going to get money, we lower it drastically? Or at least change it so you only get money if you're online.

@Justin Hmmm, okay, I'll test things out and see if that's the case, my shop has been closed for several weeks now and I had $67,0XX last I checked. If we do get money, even when offline, I'll lower the rate to approximately $100 every 24 hours or so. That's about $4 per hour, roughly, rather than every 10 minutes

@Shpp I will make another poll on another thread, with all the very good feedback here highlighted. I'll close this poll soon after the other is made. If I don't within a few days (because of MC 1.3.2, feel free to do it)

RE: POLL: New Economy - pigpenguin - 08-20-2012

Bringing this thread back to life =D

Is there a way to have income in effect only for online players? While the $5 per hour income is for sure better, imo, than the $720 per day, I feel we had it right before. The offline income sort of changes the dynamic of money-making. You can go on a month long hiatus and come back with a $3,600 shopping spree. A notable shop owner has closed his shop upon seeing how "everybody is rich".

What is the status of the server shop? Has it been successful in test servers? I feel like the discussion was heading in the right direction with the talk of alternate forms of money spending. How close are they to becoming reality, if at all?

RE: POLL: New Economy - Indrae - 08-23-2012

Out of curiosity, rather than a gold based economy, would an emerald based economy be feasible? They are currently very limited, which would make this an opportune time to examine and possibly implement them.

RE: POLL: New Economy - Justin Case Kazoo - 08-25-2012

*Bump* Aeon, you figured out the online/offline thingy? Or if it's possible even?

RE: POLL: New Economy - pigpenguin - 08-27-2012

I tinkered around with a Bukkit server I made and found that there is an option to set payday for online players only.

"What is the status of the server shop? Has it been successful in test servers? I feel like the discussion was heading in the right direction with the talk of alternate forms of money spending. How close are they to becoming reality, if at all?"

Same questions =P

I know big changes take time, but I'd like to keep pushing this forward.

Currently, I can't tempt people to clear a hill for a THOUSAND DOLLARS because money is just.... well worthless. I've increased items in my shop by 200-500% because 3 dollars for a stack of stone is practically a giveaway now.

EDIT: It looks like /warp mall is temporarily closed? Any particular reason why, Justin?

RE: POLL: New Economy - Justin Case Kazoo - 08-27-2012

Pretty much the same reason you stated; People were immediately buying everything out *Glares at pig* because the prices were so low with this new thing. I haven't really felt like changing the signs to have higher prices, nor have I had the time, so I just closed it for the time being.

RE: POLL: New Economy - blueapplepiedude - 08-27-2012

i am going to close mine too after i just reopened it yesterday..