CFEW Forums
POLL: New Economy - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: POLL: New Economy (/showthread.php?tid=785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: POLL: New Economy - Aeonex - 08-09-2012

@BlackChaos Yes, we could re-vamp the golden tunnels world and simply up the spawn rate of gold ore.

@Eagle No, the gold bars would be deposited in a bank account. If you withdraw the money, it would be in gold bars. You use how much money you have in your bank account, to buy items, and get gold whenever you sell items.

@Shpp For Options 1&2, yes, the items would disappear from your inventory and would be stored as data on appropriate file for the plugin. You could sell up to a certain amount of items. One down side to "personal" shops is that you can't technically buy from a SINGLE person like chest shops. The lowest price is always shown/purchased when you buy it from the market.

@Shpp Option 3, yes, the pigmen_arena might skew the gold rate on the server, but this is why I want to eliminate interest all together, simply because Gold can be obtained through various means. It's a neutral trade off, really.

RE: POLL: New Economy - shppthwhtfx - 08-09-2012

(08-09-2012, 06:54 PM)Aeonex Wrote: One down side to "personal" shops is that you can't technically buy from a SINGLE person like chest shops. The lowest price is always shown/purchased when you buy it from the market.

Because of that I mainly would like to keep chest shops if at all possible. Does the gold standard option come with a plugin that is similar to the chest shop one or is it the same as the other options only with gold being the currency rather than virtual dollars?

I thought I read that blue tested the chest shops in 1.3 and they worked (with a few alterations). Is our server a different case?

RE: POLL: New Economy - fireb4llz - 08-09-2012

Chest shops and iconemy are two different plugins I'm pretty sure. Iconemy has been dropped but chest shops im pretty sure wasn't.

RE: POLL: New Economy - blueapplepiedude - 08-09-2012

RE: POLL: New Economy - charlie2134 - 08-10-2012

RE: POLL: New Economy - Aeonex - 08-10-2012

RE: POLL: New Economy - pigpenguin - 08-10-2012

I'm a little confused mainly because I'm computer illiterate.

With option two, physical shops will be obsolete? Is that correct? Meaning if I wanted to buy a stack of wood, it would automatically come from the lowest seller on the server? That, in my opinion, is ridiculous. I won't start a rant/explanation until someone confirms this.

Also, with the gold standard, there will be no chest shops? Again, no input from me until someone confirms.

Is there a way to keep the exact same system we have now but just with the server shop?

Just reread.

With option number 1, how does one BUY items if there is no physical shop? Still confused as ever =P

RE: POLL: New Economy - boxmana - 08-10-2012

i like idea number 2, in terms of function, but idea number 3 seems the most fun

RE: POLL: New Economy - pigpenguin - 08-10-2012

EDIT: Ok, I think I understand the options now.

I'm in favor of option 2 provided that the traditional chest shops we have now can still be used. The fact that money in option 3 can simply be found or created (pigmen) doesn't sit well with me. I think rapid inflation can occur if people start mining too much gold or spend too much time in the pigmen arena. With our current $4 per 10 minute income, money expands at a constant (very slow) rate. I also think that the server shop will help greatly. To see why, check my "Server Shop" thread in the General forum.

EDIT: Could Aeon or somebody else that voted for 3 explain the benefits of it?

RE: POLL: New Economy - shppthwhtfx - 08-10-2012

I'm pretty sure the way aeon phrased it means he can translate any votes to having no physical shops. All the options have chest shops and the server command options, making the poll pointless in deciding which of those two options we want.

It does give us the option of 1) same currency as always with no server run shop as competition 2) same currency as always with a server run shop to fall back on if no shops are in stock or 3) using gold as currency with no server run shop.

Those are the three options aeon is ACTUALLY asking us to vote between. The chest shop vs personal shop options aren't reflected in the poll whatsoever, making charlie's vote/speech seem a little weird =)

Personally, I think we should keep chest shops if possible and have a server shop (aka option #2). Gold I don't really care about, but as long as we all get the masses of gold ingots proportional to our /money standing, I don't think it matters. Blue's right in that hackers may occasionally tip the economy out of whack, but the worst that can happen is everyone get all their items bought, then those items be gone from the economy forever due to a ban.

Does that help pigpen?