CFEW Forums
POLL: New Economy - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: POLL: New Economy (/showthread.php?tid=785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: POLL: New Economy - fireb4llz - 08-10-2012

hmm, maybe we should have a 4th option? (gold standard with server shop)?

RE: POLL: New Economy - TheAcidHammer - 08-10-2012

Since 1.3s out should we use emeralds instead if we go for the 3rd option? seeing as there is no villagers?

RE: POLL: New Economy - pigpenguin - 08-10-2012

Thanks shpp, that cleared things up for me. I still stand by option number two. I know you know this, shpp, but for any others out there: the server shop WON'T be competition for user-shops. The high price points will take care of that.

RE: POLL: New Economy - Eaglefighter - 08-10-2012

Arent emeralds harder to find? Maybe just make them a higher value. So like gold bar is standard and emerald is worth more? Or you could just sell your emeralds.

RE: POLL: New Economy - pigpenguin - 08-10-2012

A possible solution to the possible problems using the gold system would be to change the conversion ratio. For instance, if a player has 50 dollars now, with the new currency, he/she will have 250 gold. You, Aeon, pick the ratio. This way, someone with 6 stacks of gold won't be Bill Gates AND people are less likely to use the pigmen arena to get rich.

If the server could adopt something like that along with the chest shop, I may reconsider my vote.

RE: POLL: New Economy - Chloe - 08-10-2012

I asked Clownfish along time ago about this and his only fear of a server shop is with hackers who would just spawn items and abuse shops making money like crazy also if there were to be a server shop would it buy AND sell items or just sell because if it buys items then we will have to maintain it like crazy...

RE: POLL: New Economy - clownfish - 08-10-2012

@Everyone - I'm undecided but I love all the input and suggestions going on here. I poll is a great idea and I trust the Admins/OPs to come up with a great economy solution. What I do know is this: The 'ChestShop' plugin is very much alive and updated often. It's working great with 1.3.1 now and it supports many economy plugins other than the dead iconomy. There are at least 3 strong economy options 'Essentials Economy' / 'MineConomy' / 'Boseconomy'. All three of these could replace the dead iconomy we now face and give similar functions if not more and less lag. The whole gold standard idea does sound fun. I will reread this thread from the start and the plugins involved to get a better picture of this. I'm happy with the popular vote here, but I'll vote too soon.

RE: POLL: New Economy - Indrae - 08-10-2012

(08-10-2012, 07:32 AM)pigpenguin Wrote: A possible solution to the possible problems using the gold system would be to change the conversion ratio. For instance, if a player has 50 dollars now, with the new currency, he/she will have 250 gold. You, Aeon, pick the ratio. This way, someone with 6 stacks of gold won't be Bill Gates AND people are less likely to use the pigmen arena to get rich.

If the server could adopt something like that along with the chest shop, I may reconsider my vote.

It would have to be a much smaller conversion ratio than that. For instance, I have about $9,000 in-game. So 9000/50 = 180 * 250 = 45,000 pieces of gold. Granted, this is a rather large conversion rate, but regardless, you would not have to worry about a bunch of new people turnin into CFEW Bill Gates and Warren Buffetts. You'd have to worry about established players setting the bar for wealth so high that no one could even fathom approaching it.

RE: POLL: New Economy - blueapplepiedude - 08-10-2012

Charlie, i saw the poll results. Dont use other accounts that are yours to get the votes higher.... its not fair even though i want option 2.
Just vote once.

RE: POLL: New Economy - Justin Case Kazoo - 08-10-2012

I don't like the idea of having the shop in the cyberspaces, I like it when you warp to a shop, and actually click on a physical sign. If you just have the cheapest stuff showing, that's going to make it so only ONE person gets money. Right now, if you have a simple, well known name AND have an easy layout to navigate, people are going to buy from you.
I also dislike the gold idea, because currently, you can go about your business: build, chat, do op duties, farm, all that good stuff, and still get paid, just like everyone else. But if you take that away, you're forcing people to spend their valuable time mining or killing pigmen just to get money. Not only that, but some people hate to mine, but love to build. And those people will have 0 dollars whereas the person that has been mining for 2 hours straight is now a millionaire.
Anyway, I just wanted to put my two cents out there, and if you didn't read it, I said I vote number 1.