CFEW Forums
POLL: New Economy - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: POLL: New Economy (/showthread.php?tid=785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: POLL: New Economy - fireb4llz - 08-10-2012

RE: POLL: New Economy - shppthwhtfx - 08-10-2012

can't we have a mix? or does that make a conflict in the plugins? x.x I think we should just do the update, use a chest shop replacement with a server shop until we can figure out how we're going to integrate gold into all this. We're infamous for trying to do too much at once and ending up putting things off for months >.<

RE: POLL: New Economy - Justin Case Kazoo - 08-11-2012

Fire you didn't really explain anything. From what I heard Aeon said there would be a tradeoff, mining for money instead of gaining interest. Are you saying you will still gain interest?

RE: POLL: New Economy - shppthwhtfx - 08-11-2012

@justin that's a good point that I don't think has been considered =/ gold standard is heavily in favor of miners instead of builders. And while shop owners can still make gold by doing their thing of playing the market, builders won't be able to have an income in the slightest. Miners have always been the cornerstone of the economy, I understand, but they'd have an even greater hold on it.

I change my apathetic stance of gold standard to against it. Even though I'd have an advantage like all the other OPs that were able to mine gold planetoids, I don't see any benefit to the economy while it now has a solid negative effect.

RE: POLL: New Economy - fireb4llz - 08-11-2012

@Justin

(08-09-2012, 06:54 PM)Aeonex Wrote: @Eagle No, the gold bars would be deposited in a bank account. If you withdraw the money, it would be in gold bars. You use how much money you have in your bank account, to buy items, and get gold whenever you sell items.

I guess he didnt say anything about interest but I'm sure its not impossible considering how this works. It seems like the same system as the old except now you can mine money. Considering 1 gold bar= $1 mining probably wont give you a huge edge. however, it still allows you to gain money faster if put in some effort. Not only that but you can pay someone without typing a huge command.(lol, i accidently said "with a huge command" and didnt notice till now xD)

EDIT: ok I reread the original post and he said no to very low interest. tbh, I think $4 every 10 minutes is low enough and I doubt mining will be any faster than that. If we do do the gold standard I think the income rate should stay the same. That and the pigman spawners should be destroyed in whatever arena they exist. Seems that Aeon doesnt want interest simply because of that arena. Tbh, pigmen don't drop anything useful other than gold and just cause lag.

RE: POLL: New Economy - Aeonex - 08-11-2012

Fire has a great point. If we were to keep an interest rate and remove the zombie pigmen spawners/arena. It would be mutually beneficial to all users, miners, shop owners, and builders alike. As of the current Economy, the system is grossly in favour of shop owners. A server run shop would still be in favour of shop owners, only it would set a standard. They have, and will still have an almost insurmountable edge over anyone else, if you have the best shop, you own the Economy. Interest rates INCREASE as well, with the amount of dollars you have. Justin has 91K despite being rarely online or having a stocked shop. I believe if we were to convert, a flat interest rate would work, so the server wouldn't overload on gold. 4 gold ingots every 10 minutes is unrealistic, Gold ore spawn rate is 0.1437% average. I say 1, maybe 2 ingots every 10 minutes would suffice.

As for the conversion rate, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of $20 per gold ingot. (Might up it to $40 per gold ingot, Diamond should cost $100 anyway, not $20. :/)

UserX has $5,750 dollars
1 Gold ingot costs $20
X / 20 = Y

Highest Money Holders:
Justincasekazoo: 91,816 = $4,590 (Gold Ingot(s) = Gi)
IIKiNgSyZeDII: 81061 = $4,053 (Gi)
Aeonex_Ashaxei: 65,793 = $3,289 (Gi)
MetalicPenguin4: 37,692 = $1,884 (Gi)
xMitchelx = 35,522 = $1,776 (Gi)
Pacman6578: 31289 = $1,564 (Gi)

That means Justin would have 510 (4590/9) gold blocks to build with or use. All gold ingots would be in bank account form when transferred. If you wish to make a purchase with someone or at a shop, you don't have to withdraw any money. If you wish to trade, you can trade gold ingots for items. I believe the default user should start off with 2 gold ingots, or $40.

Note: if we were to convert to this new system, I believe it would be very important for the Admins to go through the shop list and edit/remove all shop owner signs for users who aren't around. I don't want people to abuse old shops because prices are so cheap compared to the new system.

RE: POLL: New Economy - invinsable12 - 08-11-2012

I think option 2 because I play on raidcraft (the real raidcraft) and they have a main server shop (to sell type /sell [item] [amount] and to buy type /buy [item] [amount]) I don't know what the plugin is called but I'm sure someone would

RE: POLL: New Economy - Justin Case Kazoo - 08-11-2012

RE: POLL: New Economy - Indrae - 08-11-2012

I would assume that after an initial shock to the economy right after it happens, prices for things would eventually stabilize once people decide how much value they actually place on gold. We may say that 1 gold equals $20, but there is no way it would, or should stay that way. The 1 gold = $20 concept becomes irrelevant after the conversion.

RE: POLL: New Economy - fireb4llz - 08-11-2012

Just to clarify, Charlie used two accounts to vote for option 2 so subtract 1 vote from option 2 when looking at the poll.