CFEW Forums
Disguises - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Disguises (/showthread.php?tid=816)

Pages: 1 2

Disguises - pigpenguin - 08-20-2012

Hi all,

I'm not really sure how much I like the new disguise plugin. I DO find it fun to dress up as a pig (how fitting) and such, but perhaps it should be better regulated.

A lot of us have reached a consensus that the disguises cause server lag. I'm not sure if that's really true, but these last few days HAVE been very laggy for me and others.... but it could just be my hotel internet.

Also, I'm not sure if this is part of the same plugin, but players are constantly impersonating Herobrine and Notch. This usually causes a sort of uproar among unknowing players and sort of gets old after a while -_-

I also read on the forums that a VIF was banned because he/she freaked out over someone's dragon disguise.

Recap: I like the disguises but think they should be limited.

Here are some pics to show the craziness =D

Edit: Colorful banter edited out

RE: Disguises - Thomas - 08-20-2012

I aggre it was lagging me a lot lately but I still love it but yes thanks pigpenguin we need to limit this... Or it can lead to server crash and ext.

RE: Disguises - blueapplepiedude - 08-20-2012

I think I was the first to find out the /d player <playername> thing. I told it to donuts, now everyone knows it xD

RE: Disguises - invinsable12 - 08-20-2012

Actually its /md p (player name)

RE: Disguises - blueapplepiedude - 08-20-2012

I think both of them do the same thing.

RE: Disguises - Aeonex - 08-21-2012

It's not the disguises (pretty sure) as much as it is the server adjusting to the new update. The more we play and visit the old/new parts of the server, the less the lag will appear. This happens every update, nothing to be alarmed about.

If the lag continues two weeks after the update (only been 1) then I'll look into it.

RE: Disguises - abrahamsphincter - 08-22-2012

RE: Disguises - shppthwhtfx - 08-22-2012

@pigpen's first comment: that VIF had other issues that was going to get them banned eventually, let us not blame that entirely on this plugin.

fishy and/or aeon are working on the dragon problem I think.

@abra just poof and do a sweep of everyone online. When you find the person with the hyrobrine costume, you win :D

I believe we have worked out the bugs for the most part, just enjoy yourselves and don't try to abuse it =)

RE: Disguises - blueapplepiedude - 08-22-2012

We shouldn't have the disguise thing... i tried something, and turns out, if you disguise as a creeper or a ghast, you can grief people without them knowing who did it.
People can xray and not get caught or would make it harder to catch them if they disguised as someone in the game.

Read this please. It will cause problems!

O wait... just realized that you guys dont track block damage from creepers and ghasts...

RE: Disguises - clownfish - 08-22-2012

@blue - so your saying log block doesn't record when a player is a ghast or creeper?

@OPs - Please test this our with logblock and let me know if this is the case. If it is, we will uninstall the plugin until that is fixed or we find something better and similar to it.

@Shpp - Yes we can prevent everyone from using the dragon with a simple permissions fix. I'll make not to do this when I get home today. If we want to allow the use of the dragon in only specific worlds we can do this also.