CFEW Forums
Testifacates for all? - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Testifacates for all? (/showthread.php?tid=817)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Testifacates for all? - blueapplepiedude - 08-21-2012

What's sooooo bad about testificates trading with us?

RE: Testifacates for all? - Eaglefighter - 08-22-2012

Well lets say a testificate wants a kit for emeralds, then you can easily obtain emeralds and buy valuable stuff with it.

RE: Testifacates for all? - jacob81897 - 08-22-2012

ok, What the heck? I was planning on breeding and training the villagers. Aeonex has no right to domonate my land and slaughter it's animals. aeonex griefed my area. I am unpleased at the fact all you don't understand what I had in mind. This is unfair to those who wished to help others.

I was planning on making an area for all to see, and trade. no one understood my purpose.

RE: Testifacates for all? - EducatedPizza - 08-22-2012

when dealing with something that can be used as currency (emeralds), it is important that everything is fair for everyone. Giving one person the ability to breed villagers is unfair to everyone else who cant breed villagers, even though im sure your intentions were in the right place

well, I aggree. But, I made a machine that the villagers can breed on their own. Still, don't understand me.

We understand that and I know you were doing it so everyone could use them, but heres the way we look at it. If you have the ability to breed villagers, what is stopping you from getting all of the emeralds you need and trading for mass amounts of things to sell to other players for really cheap. Not saying that you would do that, but some others might. This is why we need to regulate and control the villager trade so its fair for everyone. A good compromise would be to ask aeon if you could help out with the server villager shop. It would be a good way to offer some help, and still get to implement your idea for villager spawning.

Self discipline. That's the key. Every since Mitch did his little thing, with the creative, everyone has been so frantical over the thought of someone with more power than they have. I am the only one who knows how to breed them. It takes trust to give someone "currency". Comes to this. Do you trust me enough to breed them? Or are you too ignorant to give an opportunity of power to another player.

yes, we gave mitch the power of creative and he tried to flood the market with items. Our jobs as admins is to mitigate risk and giving a player the power to breed villagers is an unnecessary risk. It solves everyones problems to just have a single server-run shop. Anyone can google a video or a tutorial on how to make a villager breeding machine, I've seen them everywhere.

A final thought: real ignorance is not realizing that our only job is to keep things fair. Arguing will solve nothing. You could have talked to aeon by now and asked if you could help create a villager trading center or offered insightful opinions on why player run trading centers are a good idea. So far, I have seen none of those things

Fine. Aeonex, May I help? no, wait.

I had plans for those testifcates. Why did you not message me, asking permission or simply talking with me about what the deal was. No communication is the problem here. I showed clown the breeding center, and he liked it. Please Freaking communicate between players and not just yourselves. -.-

(08-22-2012, 09:11 PM)jacob81897 Wrote: Fine. Aeonex, May I help? no, wait.

I had plans for those testifcates. Why did you not message me, asking permission or simply talking with me about what the deal was. No communication is the problem here. I showed clown the breeding center, and he liked it. Please Freaking communicate between players and not just yourselves. -.-

testificates are easily re-created. Aeon had to make a quick decision before the server was flooded with emeralds. Until a viable alternative is found, this was the best option. Aeon communicated to me after this was already done, and I support his decision until something better is worked out.

You're acting as if you can never look at another testificate on the server again. we just need to work out the best way to go around this so it is fair for everyone. If it turns out that user shops work best, you will be the first to know. For now, instead of criticizing our skills as admins, why not voice your opinion on why user run shops are the best option?