CFEW Forums
Testifacates for all? - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Testifacates for all? (/showthread.php?tid=817)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Testifacates for all? - invinsable12 - 08-22-2012

User run shops are the best option because as Jacob said we can build breeding machines for if someone desides to kill any and we can make it automated with stone pressure plates and piston operated choises for which box it goes in. I.e full automation. plus a server run trading area would take up the admins time when they have much better things to do, say if someone needs a zone and warp but the admin has to decline because of the fact that he or she (don't know if their are and female admins) has to go and check the trading area

(08-22-2012, 09:19 PM)EducatedPizza Wrote:
(08-22-2012, 09:11 PM)jacob81897 Wrote: Fine. Aeonex, May I help? no, wait.

I had plans for those testifcates. Why did you not message me, asking permission or simply talking with me about what the deal was. No communication is the problem here. I showed clown the breeding center, and he liked it. Please Freaking communicate between players and not just yourselves. -.-

testificates are easily re-created. Aeon had to make a quick decision before the server was flooded with emeralds. Until a viable alternative is found, this was the best option. Aeon communicated to me after this was already done, and I support his decision until something better is worked out.

You're acting as if you can never look at another testificate on the server again. we just need to work out the best way to go around this so it is fair for everyone. If it turns out that user shops work best, you will be the first to know. For now, instead of criticizing our skills as admins, why not voice your opinion on why user run shops are the best option?

Their you go Jacob I helped you out

RE: Testifacates for all? - Indrae - 08-23-2012

Side note: anyone else find the word testificates annoying?

Also, I find discussion of starting a breeding program for minecraft's version of humans to be...comical.

RE: Testifacates for all? - pigpenguin - 08-23-2012

Forgive my ignorance, but are the user and server shops referred to here the same as the ones in the economy thread?

The server run trading areas can't be too high maintenance can they?

RE: Testifacates for all? - EducatedPizza - 08-23-2012

i would assume so. thats how I thought of them at least. They are the least maintenance, plus they keep everything fair because they are run by the server. easiest way to go about it in my opinion

RE: Testifacates for all? - invinsable12 - 08-23-2012

What if they despawn, their wouldn't be anything to replace it plus with full automation it requires even less maintanence because if they are killed an admin would have to replace it manually when you could build a machine which keeps back 2 vilages to breed to produce more vilages to replace the dead ones, which still leaves the despawning issue which can be fixed with 2 dispensers hooked upto a heap of pressure plates, an inverter and a polse limiter full of spawn eggs, this would be the only maintainence needed. On a side note I do hate saying testificates and I'm sorry I started rambeling on

RE: Testifacates for all? - pigpenguin - 08-23-2012

"What if they despawn, their wouldn't be anything to replace it plus with full automation it requires even less maintanence because if they are killed an admin would have to replace it manually when you could build a machine which keeps back 2 vilages to breed to produce more vilages to replace the dead ones, which still leaves the despawning issue which can be fixed with 2 dispensers hooked upto a heap of pressure plates, an inverter and a polse limiter full of spawn eggs, this would be the only maintainence needed. "

That has to be the longest sentence I've seen on this forum -_-

I don't think the villagers at jmcmarket can be killed. As EP said, having the server tightly control the distribution of villagers is the best way to make things fair.

RE: Testifacates for all? - EducatedPizza - 08-23-2012

RE: Testifacates for all? - Justin Case Kazoo - 08-23-2012

Could someone inform me of the reasons why it would be bad to let people have their own villagers? (Of course there might be lag with having too many spawned, but that's not what I'm talking about.) You guys are saying you don't want a large amount of emeralds to come into circulation in a short amount of time (or right now at all, as it sounds like). But there is jmcmarket, which has villagers, and it sounds like admins are ok with those villagers there. But there's no difference between villagers in a public place and villagers in a private location. You could just as easily get stacks and stacks of emeralds with the public villagers as you could with the private ones. And if it's because you're thinking the private ones could have better trades and the person could exploit that, then there's the fact that villagers constantly delete and aquire new trades. (After trading a deal 3 times, it has a chance of disappearing.) So yep, if that's not it, then me no umberstand.

RE: Testifacates for all? - clownfish - 08-23-2012

Yes Justin brings up some good points. Everyone on this forum post and more should practice working with the villagers some. It seems about 20% of the villagers or less will even make an offer can can allow you to get an emerald. The vast majority (80%) will only offer deals that absorb or use up emeralds. If anything, the server will have a hard time getting emeralds to use in the 80% other transactions. If few or none have emeralds then the 80% of 'Sell Emerald and get stuff deals' are worthless. Have a look at /warp jmcmarket ... I only have 1 emerald and I really don't want to spend it for 5 pork. Yes as justin also said the 'deals will change'. If there is a deal where you get an emerald for 10 easy pieces of paper. You can only do this so many times before the deal changes and likely changes to a deal that cost an emerald not gives one. I think Aussie said you have to make all your transactions in 1 viewing or the deal can change. I think 3 separate visits and purchases from a villager will make the 'deal change'. If anything the server has a bigger issue of how to get emeralds and enough emeralds to make 'villager trading' even worth while. I feel we should use emeralds with intentions Mojang/Jeb had in mind. They are are currency and need to be fairly available. This will largely benefit 2 groups in CFEW 1) Pixel Artists - (quack) & 2)Player who want to have the fun experience of villager trading. I too had also first thought about the emeralds as rare like 'diamonds' and 'gold' but the villager trading system doesn't mesh well with 'rare emerald model'. They are a pretty nice new gem and would be nice to keep rare if mojang had a different villager trade system. Maybe there is a plugin to let us tweak the villager trade mechanics? This would be cool and helpful. Maybe we could set gold as the trade currency instead of emeralds and keep emeralds more rare? .. This is all dependant on what plugins are available. If none for villager trading, my vote is we all go with the Emerald Flow and use them as Mojang intended. Any one else have thoughts or ideas on this. My word is not the final word of Fish-Godness here haha.. Please give your thoughts and ideas.. and please experiment with Villagers and Trading for an hour at least. Ask and SuperOP+ for a few villager spawn eggs. I told some players I would place 3 villager spawn eggs for them maximum. After that they need to breed them. Maybe a 'villager egg' recipie or server shop woujld be good with a high price or tough recipie. Food for thought! nom nom nom

~Splash~

RE: Testifacates for all? - blueapplepiedude - 08-23-2012