CFEW Forums
Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: News and Announcements (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Updates (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! (/showthread.php?tid=898)

Pages: 1 2

Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - Indrae - 09-08-2012

In light of recent complaints regarding the state of the economy on the server, the admins have decided to take action. Something we must realize is that we cannot have a fully functioning economy on this server. We do not have a large enough population of economically active people to support a classic supply and demand economy. That doesn’t mean that we have to settle for money being worthless. We have in the last week, along with the help of pigpenguin, been working on creating a Server Shop where players can buy and sell items.

The reasoning behind this shop is that in the past, the number of shopkeepers who have been able to keep their stores stocked has been dismally low. It is our hope that this will be able to fill in the gaps, and ensure that players will always be able to get items they need. Every item in the game will not be stocked. Most crafted items have been left off the list, but the materials to make them will be sold.

All players please note that income based on time will be removed. To earn money from now on, you need to sell to the server shop. This will help counter rampant inflation.

This shop is not intended to replace or hurt player owned shops. Anyone who wishes to run a shop will be free to do so, however, there are important things to note. Shop owners should be aware of the prices that the server shop buys and sells items for. The shopkeeper will want to aim for a sell price lower than the server shop’s sell price, but higher than the server shop’s buying price.

A link to prices for all items sold in the server shop can be found here.

The shop itself can be found at /warp servershop.

These prices reflect what we believe is fair for the current amount of money in circulation. There will most likely need to be changes as we test this system out. Any feedback on this system, good or bad, is always welcome. This is your server, we are merely here to help.

From your admins, keep swimming
- EducatedPizza, Indrae, Jeffadore

RE: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - pigpenguin - 09-08-2012

I can't wait to see how this turns out. Should we find a way to promote the servershop besides word of mouth?

RE: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - Jeffadore - 09-08-2012

(09-08-2012, 05:05 PM)pigpenguin Wrote: I can't wait to see how this turns out. Should we find a way to promote the servershop besides word of mouth?

I added a global announcement about it, but that appears to have failed.

RE: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - wakeboy100 - 09-09-2012

Spent the entirety of my pretty uneventful Saturday finding ways to make money, here's some tips to those struggling:
Tree Farms; Jungle trees work nicely because they contain a lot of log, and if you have flymod, you can fly up and work your way down. (make sure to shear leaves and sell them also)
Clay: The server buys clay blocks for a fair price, bring your shovel into /warp aw and look in shallow parts of lakes/oceans/rivers/etc
Mining: I will never be able to mine, i have the worst luck. But easy things like Iron, Gold, Lapis, and even Cobble and Stone can be sold at the shop. get enough and you could have a good amount of spending money.

Suggestion: Add food/crops to the shop for people to sell. whether or not people will actually buy them is questionable, but i know a few are making farms.

RE: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - EducatedPizza - 09-09-2012

Thank you for the suggestions wake. There are several ways to make money, it may just take a bit more than waiting 10 minutes for an income. All of these are great ways to start, and I'm sure some of you will figure out better ways in the future.

We could definitely add farm materials, at least to sell, just to give users another way to make some cash.

I ll get to work on this ASAP

RE: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - Flyingfruitloops - 09-09-2012

Well the server shop can't be used because all minecraft login servers are down D:

RE: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - clownfish - 09-10-2012

@EP and Indrae - It seems we could maybe lower the 'Player buying from server' cost a little to stimulate 'Player Owned Selling to Player Shops'. Also are the 'Selling to Player from Server' shops price high enough to give player owned shops prices? I have not had a close look myself. Just a few thoughts and things to keep an eye on. I want the server shop to be setup in such a way that it stimulates player shops but doesn't put them all out of business. Bring me up to speed if any of this is already taken into account. I've been too busy to analyze closely.

@Player Shop Owners - How does the Server Shop seem to be working for you so far? Do the server shop prices seem to be higher than the prices you want to sell your thinks at. If anything we want you to be able to sell and a normal price range and the server shop should have higher prices (maybe 20% higher?).

RE: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - EducatedPizza - 09-10-2012

The purpose of the high prices of the server shop is to give shop owners a chance to still sell goods at a normal price without being put out of business. The main perk of the server shop is convenience. Users will have to pay a good bit more for items, but it will never run out of stock.

RE: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - clownfish - 09-10-2012

@EP I was wrong, but meant the opposite lol.. yes you are correct, that is what I aim to achieve also.

RE: Attention All Members: Server Shop is Now Open! - Indrae - 09-14-2012

So now that it has been open for a week, what does everyone think of the server shop?