CFEW Forums
a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=953)

Pages: 1 2

a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - lemon_luck - 09-20-2012

RE: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - TheAcidHammer - 09-20-2012

I have to disagree with you sorry

First of all this is a lot of work for admins to set up these custom ranks, if we think it through each ranks have different permissions,kit,commands and so on. making numerous new ranks would take a LOT of time and would also be confusing as with the promo side of things aswell.

Could you be promoted?
Would the commands be the same as last rank?

I also disagree with the idea as we already have a ranking system that is fair for all players alike and also easy to understand imagine if you were a guest on our server. You would fairly quickly come to terms with member,honored,etc but imagine joining and seeing <Supermanprocreeperskills-Acid> All in crazy colours you would be very confused.

I think personally we have enough customisation within our ranks you can change your colour for member and most of all you can come up with any appropriate nickname.

I am not against this idea as I do not like the sound of it (I would love being <~PokemonLeader> Rank but i can have it as my nickname without having an admin spend lots of their time selecting permissions for me or what kits I would be allowed to use.

Any questions on my opinion please ask

~Acid

RE: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - Magmus - 09-20-2012

Cool, but change Lava Master to Magma Lord!

RE: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - Indrae - 09-20-2012

I'm not really certain that the benefits of this really justify the amount of work it would take to implement.

RE: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - lemon_luck - 09-20-2012

(09-20-2012, 11:26 AM)TheAcidHammer Wrote: I have to disagree with you sorry

First of all this is a lot of work for admins to set up these custom ranks, if we think it through each ranks have different permissions,kit,commands and so on. making numerous new ranks would take a LOT of time and would also be confusing as with the promo side of things aswell.

Could you be promoted?

I also disagree with the idea as we already have a ranking system that is fair for all players alike and also easy to understand imagine if you were a guest on our server. You would fairly quickly come to terms with member,honored,etc but imagine joining and seeing <Supermanprocreeperskills-Acid> All in crazy colours you would be very confused.

I think personally we have enough customisation within our ranks you can change your colour for member and most of all you can come up with any appropriate nickname.

I am not against this idea as I do not like the sound of it (I would love being <~PokemonLeader> Rank but i can have it as my nickname without having an admin spend lots of their time selecting permissions for me or what kits I would be allowed to use.

~Acid
the ranks will be extra ones and you dont have o get promoted on them you pick you favourite rank and thats it if you are a guest all the way to architect itll only appear when you get iinto aw world if you are op or above if you choose one itll apear everywhere ok? any further reply plz tell me ok?

(09-20-2012, 11:26 AM)TheAcidHammer Wrote: I have to disagree with you sorry

Could you be promoted?

~Acid
the ranks will be extra ones and you dont have o get promoted on them you pick you favourite rank and thats it if you are a guest all the way to architect itll only appear when you get iinto aw world if you are op or above if you choose one itll apear everywhere ok? any further reply plz tell me ok?

RE: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - clownfish - 09-20-2012

@Idea@ - A few 'fun' ranks could be made for only certain worlds like 'AW'. When the player visits they could right click on a sign and choose 1 of 3 ranks. There is an unused 'Rank Changing Sign' feature we have on the server. The sign lets any member choose a 'roleplay rank' that is listed on the sign. They are special signs, kinna like the chest shop signs. .. Only food for thought everyone.

RE: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - lemon_luck - 09-20-2012

(09-20-2012, 05:46 PM)clownfish Wrote: @Idea@ - A few 'fun' ranks could be made for only certain worlds like 'AW'. When the player visits they could right click on a sign and choose 1 of 3 ranks. There is an unused 'Rank Changing Sign' feature we have on the server. The sign lets any member choose a 'roleplay rank' that is listed on the sign. They are special signs, kinna like the chest shop signs. .. Only food for thought everyone.

thanks clown thats what ive been trying to say but if you are admin you can have the choice of having the rank anywhere you go

RE: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - charlie2134 - 09-20-2012

RE: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - Indrae - 09-20-2012

Future reference: proper punctuation would would be helpful in allowing people to understand what you are trying to convey.

RE: a brilliant and fun idea for the server!!!! - wakeboy100 - 09-21-2012