CFEW Forums
Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) (/showthread.php?tid=1094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - blueapplepiedude - 10-18-2012

(10-18-2012, 10:40 AM)lordofpain Wrote: Sorry, let me elaborate. what i meant was, to have the world file un-touched, as in people would build in it with a regular map, not just flat plots. So you would still have to clear out land yourself, etc, hence it being 'semi-legit'
so your saying that we would just have a normal map?
I think this sounds like a good idea because it would make people have to build on the terrain that they have. It would be cool to see what cool treehouses, mountain-side houses, and underground builds.

@indrae I am kind of confused. How to we obtain building areas? do we buy plots?

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - EducatedPizza - 10-18-2012

In the sandbox world (or portion of world) we will have a map, regular or custom terrain or otherwise. This land is open to everyone. Build wherever, build whatever, just go crazy. The one thing that will be different is that this map will be gone in a month. we will either wipe it clean and start fresh, or try out a new, fun map that everyone can enjoy. If you want you build saved from this wipe, you either need to ask an admin to save a schematic file for you, or buy a plot in the plot area and have it moved there.

The plots portion of the world will have a bunch of flat plots that can be purchased. These can be 25x25 or 50x50.

As for the map, I dont really care what we use. I suggest custom terrain because, why not? if you want to build on a regular world, go to aw or main or SP and have it moved here if you want. We have the power to try some new and awesome maps, why not take advantage of it?

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - whitelily36 - 10-18-2012

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - EducatedPizza - 10-18-2012

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - whitelily36 - 10-18-2012

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - fireb4llz - 10-18-2012

I dont see how we are supposed to set up plots in terrain.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 10-18-2012

The skyrim map is much too small for a plot world (and most of it is highly mountainous). Can people move their builds to main world? No, that would defeat the purpose of main world. We could save a schematic of every (or at least ones that took effort) and give people the option to have it imported to Plotlands when they can afford it. They can in combination with that choose to have us give them the schematic.

I don't want an entirely flat map. We already have one of those. They have no character to them.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 10-18-2012

They wouldn't be able to move it to the main world because the main world is meant for builds built with gathered materials (anyone else kind of hate the word "Legit"?). Creative builds could include a variety of rare blocks that would provide an unfair advantage over other players if moved to the main world.