CFEW Forums
Is Tekkit Dividing CFEW? - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Is Tekkit Dividing CFEW? (/showthread.php?tid=1148)

Pages: 1 2

Is Tekkit Dividing CFEW? - Indrae - 10-30-2012

I'm not going to type up a long essay for this thread. Let me list a few observations: Many of our tekkit players don't interact much on the regular server anymore. We have had a lot of drama crop up on the tekkit server, and none of the admins are in a position to help because none of us play or understand tekkit. It is a fact that having players on the tekkit server will limit the playability of the regular server (we are pushing the limits of Clown's Internet with a 20 person cap)

What do you guys think (hides behind a barricade to shield himself from people foaming at the mouth with rage)?

RE: Is Tekkit Dividing CFEW? - Indrae - 10-30-2012

That has nothing to do with this thread. Stay on topic, or I will remove your posts.

RE: Is Tekkit Dividing CFEW? - Justin Case Kazoo - 10-30-2012

I personally don't mind having the tekkit server, as I prefer having few people on the server. I do agree that the drama from tekkit is annoying, but maybe we can make some players admin on it? (Such as shpp, etc)
Also, as I recall, clown is only using around 30% of his CPU, so I don't think it's causing much strain.

It isn't the CPU that is the problem, it is his internet connection. That is the main factor in how many people you can support on a server.

RE: Is Tekkit Dividing CFEW? - Ethanthomas619 - 10-30-2012

I agree with Justin. I can also get on the tekkit and cfew server at the same time and watch over both if needed. Also usually when i get on the tekkit server zelda is on there. So i would recommend him as an admin on there.

Well, you guys were wanting to increase the player limit; I think if the internet could withstand that, it can withstand the tekkit server instead.

Just to let you know, I'm not trying to defend the tekkit server because I want it, but it seems many people find it fun. Perhaps in a month or two it will be a thing of the past, and we could get rid of it then.

I never suggested upping the player limit, and I doubt it could be done and remain relatively lag free.

Ah yes, I apologize, that was not you, it was Cole, EP, and a few others discussing it on the Main World 2.0 thread.

RE: Is Tekkit Dividing CFEW? - DragMeDownUnder - 10-30-2012

I feel like it's splitting the server in 2 pieces. But some players seem to enjoy it, and that is what we want on the server(s) right?

Shouldn't we take votes for if we want it to be here, or not? I feel like that would have been much easier.

RE: Is Tekkit Dividing CFEW? - blueapplepiedude - 10-30-2012

Wouldn't this be like an issue that is about the same as what is our focus? we just cant provide every server we want right? or is this different?