CFEW Forums
Something which has been bothering me - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Something which has been bothering me (/showthread.php?tid=224)

Something which has been bothering me - 9bjames - 02-23-2012

As the title states, this isn't actually a ban report, or appeal or anything... but it's something I've been getting increasingly bothered about lately. We've had quite a few players being banned lately, but very few either have a fair chance to appeal for their actions (at least when they are given a chance, it seems to be done begrudgingly), or when they do appeal, nothing is really sorted out. My main problem is the latter.

First I'd like to say that I understand OPs can get tired with dealing with players. It can feel like players are dodging a ban by logging off, or that just because their rank is low, and they end up breaking someone elses building, they don't deserve a second chance to reform. Sometimes this is fair enough if they really are intentionally disregarding the rules... people like that don't always need to be given a second chance. But there are occasionally the few who just aren't familiar or used to the rules. Heck, it might even be that they aren't used to minecraft. It can be a bother having to deal with "noobs", and explain to them not only what they've done wrong, but how to appeal, or even set up a forum account as well... but go easy guys, some of them could just be kids. =/

On my main point... this really is something that gets on my nerves. To agree on an letting someone back, or just make a final decision to keep them banned, it generally needs several opinions from several OPs... but a lot of the time the ban appeal ends up going silent, with no decision made as such. I've seen a few players now who I believe didn't intend to grief stay banned, just because people wouldn't give input. Even if the decision was to keep them banned, a simple "yes" or "no" from a couple of other OPs would be nice... x_x
Final note... I just feel the whole appealing process has become slow and one sided... Yes, if someone has "dun goof'd", really we shouldn't just let them waltz back in, but if we're just going to ban and ignore everyone who messes up now and then, why do we even have an appeal section?

RE: Something which has been bothering me - alowe2 - 02-23-2012

RE: Something which has been bothering me - 9bjames - 02-23-2012

No... all OPs really need to be able to ban... although we have quite a few SuperOPs right now, they aren't always around to deal with those few spammers, trolls, or griefers. The bans themselves aren't really the problem, if someone does something against the rules, then they need to know not to do it again. Banning them just shows them the severity of it. But in smaller cases it should only really so they get a taste of it so that they don't reoffend...
Maybe however it should be tempban that is used in those cases, rather than a full blown ban...
A ban report would still be needed to show they've broken the rules, but you know. First offenses shouldn't always be something to permenantly ban a player on, unless they show no remorse for something serious they did.

RE: Something which has been bothering me - alowe2 - 02-23-2012

RE: Something which has been bothering me - Eaglefighter - 02-23-2012

standard tempban might be a better idea, if you tempban someone for lets say a month and then discuss it on the forums you atleast have a deathline before when there needs to be decided whether it becomes a ban or not

RE: Something which has been bothering me - Justin Case Kazoo - 02-23-2012

"dun goof'd"?
Really Jams? Now everyone is funna know you're talking about me! D:
Anyway, the only problem with standard tempban is that if they never appeal or apologize, then they can just come in the server and continue playing. (Half of the ops don't even go on the forums, and we would have to wait for Clown to see to ban from the console.)

RE: Something which has been bothering me - 9bjames - 02-23-2012

Lolwhut Justin?
I just said that coz i remembered it from somewhere on youtube. XD
And yes, that's true, but I would still hope that the OP who tempbanned would give them sufficient warning about appealing on the forums. If they don't apologise or appeal, then next time they're seen, unless it's decided to let them come back anyway because the offence isn't anything strong enough, then the player can just be banned when seen, with the repeated info in the ban message. It'd give them a fair chance to appeal, if they don't then it's their loss...

RE: Something which has been bothering me - xXHO_BOTXx - 02-24-2012

i am an banned player. and u dont need to lisen to me if u dont want to. i think that if some one shows that they are relly sorry and are determind to getting back onthat they need to be given a chance. and by now i accept that i may not get back on and i have never bin banned and so this is a bit ruff. but also the part i did like is that it was fast and cleen a was told you are getting banned then drected here to the forms and THEN bann. but i do feel that most simply dont care and they may post i dhood be let back on because....... and thats it no other contact and i hope im not sounding winey of begging or somthing.... but i truly feel that for pepple that are returning from being bann that they need to have every thing taken to almost test them so that greafing can be shown as an real thing. and i wouldent care if all my stuff was taken away frome me. but just being on the server is so much fun all the pepple ar frendly accept when they just fell in to lava whith some dimonds!! i hope all of you see that beeing banned frim the best server is hard and if u relly like the server you will push to get back on. pleez re condsider all banns! its hard to get your point accros and sound like you are sorry and not sound beggy and winy. i hope all who haveread this will get to see what its like to be on the other side of the fence. and i know i spelt a bunch of stuff wrong and bad gramer im only 12 and i just had my b-day on the 22 so i hope al will see and see that some are relly sorry and determind to get back on un tell they have bin told "you will never get back on the server and stop posting to..." or somthing like that.