CFEW Forums
Earthquake zone - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Earthquake zone (/showthread.php?tid=30)

Pages: 1 2

Earthquake zone - michaelago - 01-07-2012

i am staring to get really annoyed with what appears to be massive zones which are being constructed. I am also very annoyed with a zone which is named earthquake 3. i am just trying to build a small village type thing and out of nowhere, in a place i once knew was unzoned is now covered by a zone that covers no build or particularly interesting examples of the world generator. i know this zone is a lot older than i make it out as i am talking just like it happened yesterday bit that does not dampen my anger. i really dislike some pf the examples of attitude i'm seeing on this server, its almost as if most of us are children calling "dibs" on large pieces of land, for the sole purpose that no one else can build on it. can i please have the owner of earthquake 3 step forward as i would like to have a discussion with you and maybe buy some of it off you. i hope that everyone now will show a bit more maturity when zoning empty land.
-Michaelago

RE: Earthquake zone - fireb4llz - 01-07-2012

Tbh, i think we need to start a policy for these kindof things, i hate finding vrays_lands all over the -place and i think the "earthquake zones" were made by coleson.

I think if a zone has absolutly nothing in it, the owner and members very rarely plays, and if there is a good reason to remove it then it should be removed.

RE: Earthquake zone - michaelago - 01-07-2012

(01-07-2012, 03:49 AM)fire897 Wrote: Tbh, i think we need to start a policy for these kindof things, i hate finding vrays_lands all over the -place and i think the "earthquake zones" were made by coleson.

I think if a zone has absolutly nothing in it, the owner and members very rarely plays, and if there is a good reason to remove it then it should be removed.

i was also going to mention vrays_land, awell as many other but i didnt want to make this personal unless it directly affected me like EARTHQUAKE

RE: Earthquake zone - 9bjames - 01-07-2012

Michael, I can understand your annoyance... to be honest it's something quite a lot of players have to put up with on a server where large areas of unzoned land are becomming hard to come by. I don't know how long the zone has been around, without any buildings, but the chances are that if it was a large zoned area, the person who zoned it did have plans to do some sort of build on it.
All I can really say after checking it out is that the owner of the zone is coleson.
If you do see her, I hope you can come to some sort of arrangement, but otherwise, you'll just have to respect her wishes...

Edit- lol, by the time I'd posted this, I guess I was a bit late. =P
As annoying as it is, it's still someone elses land.
They may have had plans to build in those areas, but not only that, removing the zones could lead to griefing of any builds within them which the players might not have known were in them to begin with.
It is their land, so they should at least be contacted first really... I disagree with any zones being removed without the owner's knowledge to be honest... even if they have been absent for a long time.

i know what you are saying James, however there are plenty of unused zones which have been inactive for so long that i doubt whether the owner is even planning on using it for a build. All I really want is a policy or something like fire suggested. I don't think we should have to "put up" with anything if there is a policy in place then hopefully there will be no unhappy parties.

I just want everyone to be happy i'm fairly sure that many people may have forgotten or not even care about these zones and would be would happy to give some of them up.

RE: Earthquake zone - Thomas - 01-07-2012

Nope im fine with the rules

(01-07-2012, 06:05 AM)tomstr123 Wrote: Nope im fine with the rules

if your just going to give that little information about your opinion then im not even going to bother recognising it as an answer, at least say why you are "fine" with the rules so that we can have a proper discussion.Dont even bother posting a response next time, what you just told me was useless and sounds like your trolling.

RE: Earthquake zone - nopi0 - 01-07-2012

Yes some of the zones are getting crazy big I agree some sort of rule needs to be in place maybe a limit on large zones or making sure they are used within a certain amount of time.You should not have a massive zone with one build just to "preserver" the land around it thats very selfish.I think any large zone made by ops that are larger then normal say 50x50 be recorded and monitored.

RE: Earthquake zone - fireb4llz - 01-08-2012

I completely agree with nopi

RE: Earthquake zone - michaelago - 01-08-2012

i agree with nopi as well but i have zones that aare over 50x50 which are just one build and so do many other people, so maybe all builds over 75x75? i dont really know what the specifics size should be but we need more peoples opinion on this!