CFEW Forums
Space World Officially Open! - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Space World Officially Open! (/showthread.php?tid=740)

Pages: 1 2 3

Space World Officially Open! - Aeonex - 07-23-2012

Hello CFEW,

I finally finished some of the more tedious parts of Space World (lighting up arenas, security changes, etc.) All mobs will be spawned in space world, you can still have pets in the regular world, just ask an OP who can spawn mobs to get some mobs for you. =)

Here is a list of warps you can use to collect mob materials:

/warp sheep_arena
/warp zombie_arena
/warp skeleton_arena
/warp spider_arena
/warp ghast_arena
/warp blaze_arena

/warp chicken_arena
/warp creeper_arena
/warp magma_arena
/warp squid_arena
/warp slime_arena

The following arenas are being setup and will be ready soon!

-zombiepigmen
-cave spider
-silverfish
-cow
-mooshroom
-ocelot

There will not be arenas for the following mobs:

-Spider Jockey's (a skeleton and a spider)
-Enderman (/warp the_End)
-Snow Golem (man-made mob)
-Iron Goldem (man-made mob)

NOTE:
Anyone is free to build in space world, but please light up your builds thoroughly. Mobs spawn naturally and can spawn on your builds which can lag space world. To start building, go to a spot and type: /up 1 (a glass block will be spawned below you) and you can start building off the glass block. =)

To start building in space world, type:
/warp spaceworld

Anything I miss?
-Aeonex

RE: Space World Officially Open! - shppthwhtfx - 07-23-2012

Perhaps instruction on flying for those who aren't used to it. Is it /fly command?

If space world uses fly command here's a brief run through for you all. After typing /fly, double jumping will turn fly mode on and off. When activated, space bar will make you go up; shift descend. Landing will cause you to stop flying (such as using /up 1 like aeon said), so don't accidentally walk off thinking you're still flying =P

Aeon does everyone have [/butcher radius] or [/killall radius] to clear mobs? Might be useful *shrugs*

RE: Space World Officially Open! - zeldageek - 07-23-2012

No, /butcher and /killall isn't working for me. Also, are we not allowed to kill the sheep to get their wool? There won't really be any shortage of sheep, considering they keep on spawning... In fact, I'm slowly being crushed to death by the massive horde of sheep surrounding me...

RE: Space World Officially Open! - Aeonex - 07-23-2012

Great ideas Shpp, it could be abused so I am not sure if it should be granted to every user in space world. I will add this permission to every user for now and see how the users deal with the command in space world. I will also make signs on how to fly. I will also add you to the OP list, as well as Zeldageek.

RE: Space World Officially Open! - Aeonex - 07-24-2012

What do you all think about an Ender Dragon spawner for the end? I tested it out and only 1 ender dragon can spawn at a time, there will pretty much always be an Ender Dragon in the end though, so it may cause lag.

RE: Space World Officially Open! - shppthwhtfx - 07-24-2012

the end is already riddled with those fountains from the scarce dragon spawnings we've done manually, you'd have to restore the end with WE every few days if you had them autospawn x.x oh... and as you said, lag

RE: Space World Officially Open! - shppthwhtfx - 07-24-2012

It has been reported that the arenas with zones don't allow you to kill the mobs (thus rendering their purpose moot). I'm not sure of a way around this due to the new "you can't kill mobs in others' zones" thing.

creeper arena spawns creepers outside periodically due to spawner being too close to the outside.

why is there a glass floor in spaceworld? just curious o.o

If you can think of a use for it, you can copy /warp ender_arena into spaceworld and use it for a different mob type. It's still plenty creepy :3

skeleton_arena should probably have a glass roof instead of the snow block cage it is now. Massive mob spawning is happening on the snow blocks. torches would fix that but the glass would look better =P ...also I don't like the torches all over the place in the actual arena =( not spooky at all

RE: Space World Officially Open! - Aeonex - 07-25-2012

Thanks for these reports Shpp, yes a lot to keep track of, I'll put a glass roof over the snow blocks on Skeleton arena. I already have the Ender Arena in Space World, I'll probably put zombie pigmen in it. The glass floor is to make it more "space like" but still allow people to not fall into the void and crash the server. I'll check out that mob killing glitch, probably a multiverse setting. As Admin, I could kill the mobs and I have permissions for everything, lol.

As for the creeper Arena, I already moved the blocks inward, I'll have to subdue the lava lighting, because the creepers won't spawn if they are too close to light.

[EDIT] I tested 3 different arenas to see the "not able to kill in spaceworld" glitch. Abraham was able to kill every mob, creeper, blaze and skeletons/zombies. Was there a particular arena that was causing problems? Or are you just unable to kill mobs Shpp?

As for the nether_arena/Ghast_arena, I must have torches everywhere because over 100 mobs spawn all over the place if I don't. :/

RE: Space World Officially Open! - shppthwhtfx - 07-25-2012

It was actually the zombie arena with the snowblocks, but the skeleton might've had the same problem with it's stone roof.

Others weren't able to kill mobs as well. I thought it might be because of zones protecting mobs from dying, but I am unable to check where zones are so I can't be sure. Creeper_arena was one of the ones doing this, not the only, but one of. It's weird abra was able to when we weren't, but it seems to be working now for us too.

As for the mobs spawning in arenas they're not supposed to, allow access to flags/regions and the zonecheck sword for OPs or just me in the permissions file if you want. There are flags to prevent specific mobs from spawning, I'll see if those work. I'm willing to put in the effort if it means the arenas will still be aesthetically pleasing :3 If it doesn't work I'll just live with it.

RE: Space World Officially Open! - Aeonex - 07-25-2012

Sounds good Shpp, I already gave you AdmiralOP rank in-game. If you're able to do it, feel free. That's a lot of typing though, I'll try to help in-game when I can.