CFEW Forums
POLL: New Economy - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: POLL: New Economy (/showthread.php?tid=785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: POLL: New Economy - blueapplepiedude - 08-12-2012

RE: POLL: New Economy - pigpenguin - 08-12-2012

Good post shpp.

One thing to clarify from my post- the gap will be closed quickly because the 1-2 Gi income per 10 minutes is extremely high compared to now. It's the equivalent of getting 20-40$ for 10 minutes instead of 4.

RE: POLL: New Economy - fireb4llz - 08-12-2012

I really dont think a gold ingot should be worth $20. If you think about it, we pay $25 for diamond currently. Not only that, but 1 gold pocket in a cave is worth $160. Also, I don't get how that closes any gap. $100 to $500 is $400 apart. $300 to $700 is $400 apart. Sure there is a different ratio but all it's doing is hiding the gap not closing it. Also, $20-40 interest?! That's way too much! I don't want inflation to run rampant and all this is definately gonna do it. I'm pretty sure 5 ingots are worth $10 dollars currently? Now your raising the value of ingots by 10x? I can easily see prices for other materials rising with it as well.

I think the gold standard holds potential of a better economy AS LONG AS WE IMPLENT IT CORRECTLY.
I think 1 ingot should be worth $3-$5, its not too much more than the current value. This allows people the opportunity to gain money from mining while not giving them too much of an advantage. It also should prevent inflation. As long as the ingots are worth that much, a 1-2 ingot interest should be fine.

Also for those still worried about builders falling behind, Have you thought about building houses for cash? We could come up with some type of system along the lines of this.

RE: POLL: New Economy - shppthwhtfx - 08-12-2012

who would buy houses? commission for art or a specific work like a pinball machine maybe. I guess those who don't participate in the economy shouldn't get much money. I still think gold standard hurts more than helps though overall.

edit: I finally read pigpen's large post. I like how we came up with almost identical arguments xD can someone give us good enough arguments for gold standard to outweigh the bad?

RE: POLL: New Economy - blueapplepiedude - 08-12-2012

RE: POLL: New Economy - shppthwhtfx - 08-12-2012

that's still more limited than the dollars and cents we have now xD just another point making gold worse than current currency. Keep trying though. I want gold to have it's fair shot too, it's just not convincing me yet.

If we want miners to have more money, have a server shop that buys precious items and make a real standard to drive prices up rather than pretending making gold the standard will actually change things for the better. Of course, that'll make resources disappear from the market =/

RE: POLL: New Economy - fireb4llz - 08-13-2012

Meh, I dont feel like pushing this anymore lol. I'll be fine with anything tbh.

RE: POLL: New Economy - blueapplepiedude - 08-13-2012

(08-13-2012, 12:08 AM)fire897 Wrote: Meh, I dont feel like pushing this anymore lol. I'll be fine with anything tbh.

Anything except gold. Gold is too fragile. therefore making the economy fragile xD
JK. just thought we needed a laugh.

RE: POLL: New Economy - pigpenguin - 08-13-2012

fire, here's an extreme example to help explain how the gold currency will close the gap between the rich and poor

Player A has 10 dollars and Player B has 5000. Instead of the 1-2 Gi per 10 min ($20-40), lets use 100Gi per 10 min ($2000 per 10 min)

After 10 hours of gameplay, player A will have $120,010 and player B will have $125,000. As you can see, with the increased income, the original $4990 difference is now negligible.

THAT is how the proposed system will close the gap between rich and poor.... on a much more extreme model of course.

Shpp, I'm happy that I'm not crazy.

RE: POLL: New Economy - blueapplepiedude - 08-13-2012